Michael Johnson (Leicester city)

Matt the Giant

I am looking forward to following LC as much as I can this season, due to Sven being to manager and of course our own Michael Johnson being on loan there.
I see he wasn't involved in today's game, and was wondering if anyone out there knows why he wasn't even on the bench. He's not injured again I hope.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VujQvQk21Wo[/youtube]

Matt the Giant said:
I am looking forward to following LC as much as I can this season, due to Sven being to manager and of course our own Michael Johnson being on loan there.
I see he wasn't involved in today's game, and was wondering if anyone out there knows why he wasn't even on the bench. He's not injured again I hope.

Leicester fan clocking in here.

I'm not sure whether you're aware but the football league now only has 5 subs named per team unlike the Prems 7 subs.

He played the second half last week against Real Madrid and looked good but I hear he is still not completely match fit. He will be outstanding then when he is.

Also Gelson Fernandes started for us today and he looks a superb catch for us on a season long loan.

The downside is Darius Vassell got a straight red in the first 10 or so minutes, but we still won.

Good luck tomorrow and I hope you win for the third time at Wembley this year.

Few teams I'll be keeping an eye on this season and Leicester and Brentfrod top the list.

Happy you won. Surprised Vassell got sent off for a bad tackle as he's most definitely not that type of player.

Fernandes - I liked him at City. Simple passes, broke up play but he just lacked that bit of confidence towards the end of his stint with us. A lot of that I feel was to do with Hughes playing him at right back against Liverpool with 10 men. He always gave 100% and I still reckon he'd do a job at Premiership level.

Good luck!

I'll love it.

LOVE IT.

keegan_rant_med.jpeg

If Johnno finds full fitness and has a terrific year, then is back with us next season. Its disgusting how many "City fans" have made insulting and negative comments about one of our own. Pre-injury Johnno would have walked into our 25 (though technically he wouldn't have had to be named because of his age) and only a lot of football will tell us if he really has no future here. I remain cautiously optimistic and Kiddo himself said he could be like a new 20m signing if he ever gets back to where he was.

Cheers Rally, I appreciate it.

I had forgotten about the 5-man bench; what do people say about it? A good or a bad thing?

Good luck this season, take care of Michael for us, and I hope to see you guys up in the PL next year

Cheers Rally, keep us posted about MJ.

Gelson was a bit like a headless chicken playing for us, he was raw talent and always committed but didn't seem to know where he should be playing or didn't do the right thing with the ball when he got it. This is surprising because he had some excellent games controlling the middle of the park for Switzerland whilst he was with us.

I think that he was overawed at playing in the Premier League and now he's matured a bit could be an entirely different prospect. Best of luck for the season.

rallyraid said:
Matt the Giant said:

Leicester fan clocking in here.

I'm not sure whether you're aware but the football league now only has 5 subs named per team unlike the Prems 7 subs.

He played the second half last week against Real Madrid and looked good but I hear he is still not completely match fit. He will be outstanding then when he is.

Also Gelson Fernandes started for us today and he looks a superb catch for us on a season long loan.

The downside is Darius Vassell got a straight red in the first 10 or so minutes, but we still won.

Good luck tomorrow and I hope you win for the third time at Wembley this year.

thanks for the up date and have a great season<br /><br />-- Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:02 am --<br /><br />
LoveCity said:
I'll love it.

LOVE IT.

keegan_rant_med.jpeg

If Johnno finds full fitness and has a terrific year, then is back with us next season. Its disgusting how many "City fans" have made insulting and negative comments about one of our own. Pre-injury Johnno would have walked into our 25 (though technically he wouldn't have had to be named because of his age) and only a lot of football will tell us if he really has no future here. I remain cautiously optimistic and Kiddo himself said he could be like a new 20m signing if he ever gets back to where he was.

i agree with every word

Not even on the bench today for Leicester... I really hope there is a good reason for this and not injury related.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.