Michael Johnson.....

People are talking about mj like he's the worst of worst rag fuckers.

He's a blue who has clearly been through hell. People spout the shite about he's got money so what or he's a footballer he should cope with it.

Not everyone is cut from the same cloth. Pressure on the lad to perform and get fit again were huge.

Just hope he can have some sort of career.

Blue Streak said:
Firstly I want to wish the lad all the best and I'm truely gutted we will never see him at his footballing best, because he appeared to have it all.

However I think serious, serious questions need to be asked now about firstly how this happened, and why hasn't the support been sufficient enough to help him recover? I know it can be argued that 'one needs to accept help in order to be helped' but I have suspicions that are a little more deep rooted.

Johnson isn't the first player to come through the ranks at City and have shall we say 'unstable mental issues' is he? Look at Barton and look at Stevie Ireland?

Now I accept that all three are completely different cases but the problems are all based around the quality of the individuals mental stability. Bartons a headcase, Irelands just weird and Jonno has gone off the rails at an early age.

Whilst we are putting this wonderful training facility in place in order to create the best home grown players, I hope someone within the club has taken note that not all players are mentally sound, and we need a lot lot more than fancy training pitches to create balanced individuals in the future.

Barton isn't a headcase he's just a dickhead!

Ireland is just your typical dim witted footballer!

MJ (and this is not an attack on the lad) is just a massive piss head!

It's likely that Johno's unfortunate illness has been bought upon by drinking as alcohol can cause Mental illness but at the moment it's just based on pure speculation and wild guesses!!

I don't think these matters are something that should be worried about regarding our academy think about the number of candidates that we've had since Barton came through you're bound to have a few that turn out to have issues, our problem is that it happened to be the 3 most promising graduates!

-- Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:00 am --

Posted on The Scum website

My mate took this picture at 4am Saturday in Dixie Chicken in Manchester, I was talking to Michael at the counter (not knowing it was him) We were having a laugh, but as soon as someone recognised him his whole attitude changed. He made a quick move to get away from us, I don't even think he waited for his food. I feel bad for the guy and hope he gets the help he needs. Very sad, nice guy.

Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot said:
Blue Streak said:
Firstly I want to wish the lad all the best and I'm truely gutted we will never see him at his footballing best, because he appeared to have it all.

However I think serious, serious questions need to be asked now about firstly how this happened, and why hasn't the support been sufficient enough to help him recover? I know it can be argued that 'one needs to accept help in order to be helped' but I have suspicions that are a little more deep rooted.

Johnson isn't the first player to come through the ranks at City and have shall we say 'unstable mental issues' is he? Look at Barton and look at Stevie Ireland?

Now I accept that all three are completely different cases but the problems are all based around the quality of the individuals mental stability. Bartons a headcase, Irelands just weird and Jonno has gone off the rails at an early age.

Whilst we are putting this wonderful training facility in place in order to create the best home grown players, I hope someone within the club has taken note that not all players are mentally sound, and we need a lot lot more than fancy training pitches to create balanced individuals in the future.

Barton isn't a headcase he's just a dickhead!

Ireland is just your typical dim witted footballer!

MJ (and this is not an attack on the lad) is just a massive piss head!

It's likely that Johno's unfortunate illness has been bought upon by drinking as alcohol can cause Mental illness but at the moment it's just based on pure speculation and wild guesses!!

I don't think these matters are something that should be worried about regarding our academy think about the number of candidates that we've had since Barton came through you're bound to have a few that turn out to have issues, our problem is that it happened to be the 3 most promising graduates!

And the possibility that even more pressure could be at their feet,trying to make it with one of the worlds top 3-4 clubs,in the not too distant future.

we can win all the trophies available every year for the next 10 years, but there will always be the regret and sadness over what happened to MJ. if he can recover and sort things out for himself, he will earn total respect from every city fan and put him amongst the legends of the club - ala Paul Lake.

lets hope this will be the case

When was he last in a match day squad either league, friendly or cup? I was there when he had his last appearance against Scunthorpe but i seen a picture of him wearing what looked like one of our more recent training tops

Playing devils advocate here, would city not be morally obliged to help or stand by someone who was undergoing treatment for depression for the length of the contract rather than cutting it short. As in, as a football club they should support whereas this could be construed as paying up and walking away.

I don't know what has or hasn't happened behind the scenes and like I say playing devils advocate.

johnmc said:
Playing devils advocate here, would city not be morally obliged to help or stand by someone who was undergoing treatment for depression for the length of the contract rather than cutting it short. As in, as a football club they should support whereas this could be construed as paying up and walking away.

I don't know what has or hasn't happened behind the scenes and like I say playing devils advocate.

Yes they have been helping the lad,but it appears that he wanted to do his own thing possibly away from football until he`s hopefully well enough.
City kept it hush hush as MJ didn`t want people to know the full problems he`s endured for some time now.
They have also been working with the PFA and have given Johnno a lot of support.Just so sad for the lad.

johnmc said:

I expect there will have been a clause in there giving City the option to 'pay up' the remainder of the contract at any time they choose. Once they do that their legal obligations under it would effectively cease going forward.

I would be surprised if notwithstanding that, they hadn't offered some ongoing pastoral care, not least because this situation has the potential to have unwelcome consequences.

Really don't understand what goes through these players heads. Why piss your career away like this. mJ current state shows he never had the mentality to make it has a top footballer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.