Michael Olise | Bayern Munich Player

We have no wingers but we've have got lots of whingers!
We have Jack... Then we have... um... Foden? (who's currently starting games centrally) and Bernardo (whos role is gonna be central, according to Lee and Gaughan)... That leaves us with Bobb (no experience) and Palmer (leaving and 1 g/a in the league, always injured). I mean City have ONE all-in-all winger tbf. Two if you count Bernardo. Which leaves us 2 short.

The only argument you could make for using Olise ahead of Palmer and Bobb is his PL experience. Put Olise at City and Palmer/Bobb at Crystal Palace and the roles would be switched around. They’d have plenty of experience and the fan base would be begging to sign one of them. I doubt Olise would have gotten a single game for City last season if he was an academy graduate

I personally don’t see the appeal of Olise or other project players. I haven’t seen anything of him that screams world class talent, he just seems okay.

I would prefer if we sign a world class winger that is guaranteed to be our starter then my second option is to stick with what we have right now and give young players the chance.
The WC options are either at Bayern, Real, Barca or other rival clubs, so unfortunately we have to go for lesser options

The only argument you could make for using Olise ahead of Palmer and Bobb is his PL experience. Put Olise at City and Palmer/Bobb at Crystal Palace and the roles would be switched around. They’d have plenty of experience and the fan base would be begging to sign one of them. I doubt Olise would have gotten a single game for City last season if he was an academy graduate

This is silly. It's not just experience. It's that he shown significant improvement over his two years and finished fourth in the league in assists for an offensively challenged club like Palace. You're premise implies Bobb or Palmer would have had the same success and that's highly doubtful. Olise is going to be an elite talent for someone. May as well be City, especially because he fits a need area.

This is silly. It's not just experience. It's that he shown significant improvement over his two years and finished fourth in the league in assists for an offensively challenged club like Palace. You're premise implies Bobb or Palmer would have had the same success and that's highly doubtful. Olise is going to be an elite talent for someone. May as well be City, especially because he fits a need area.
Bobb and Palmer looked more impressive in the U21 Euros than Olise. His assist stats are pretty good, but he also scored 1 open play goal in 37 appearances. Palace aren’t that offensively challenged either, Zaha and Eze had good seasons as well. They lack a clinical striker though,which is why quite a few of his assists came from set pieces rather than open play. Put Palmer or Bobb out on the right in that Palace team and I think they would both replicate those numbers. You may say that Olise is better, but either way I think he’d be a very minimal upgrade on our current youngsters

Palmer and Bobb's potential is more conceptual than Olise's which has been shown in the Premier League already. I think you can certainly make an argument that given the chance they could replicate his success, but there's no proof yet. So that's why one is worth say £35m and the other two aren't (yet).

I don't think City should paid £50m for him, but if that release clause were accurate then I would say it's a no-brainer to sign him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.