Michael Oliver (merged)

Shows the state of the game when we commend him for making 3 obvious decisions. He has bottled too many decisions in our matches for me to trust this guy.

Hart of the matter said:
Shows the state of the game when we commend him for making 3 obvious decisions. He has bottled too many decisions in our matches for me to trust this guy.

you have to call it as it is and he did the job, only to be expected but a lot would have bottled it last night. if the piss can was there all of them would.

oakiecokie said:
Well I sincerely hope that Sky don`t bottle it and have the balls to show him manhandling a ref, for a good 24 hours on our screens.We know they would if it was one of our players.

It's the hope that kills you.

I was convinced he was a rag after that performance in the derby at the Etihad, but fair play to him; he was faultless last night

oakiecokie said:
Well I sincerely hope that Sky don`t bottle it and have the balls to show him manhandling a ref, for a good 24 hours on our screens.We know they would if it was one of our players.
Can you imagine if that had been Mario they would of wanted a lifetime ban for that !
On a side note what's happened to all the daft Mario stories we had every day while he was at city ?

He had a great game yesterday I thought, showed huge bottle to pull Janizay (I can't be arsed spelling his name) up for diving. Good to see Yoonited playing on a level playing field.

Can assure everyone on here that young Michael is not a rag. Did a few games with him when he was coming up through the Northern League and you could tell he was good.

His dad was a football league ref as well & they are both very nice people. Michael even did a few pre season games for some Northern League teams to help them out. Donates strips/boots to local refs & teams. If he does not have a game on a Sunday can often be seen taking in games in the Blyth Sunday league.

As for last night, with my assessors head on, only thing i think he got wrong was giving Di Maria a 2nd yellow. Should have been a straight red. He may only get 1 game ban for 2 yellows. Cannot remember but i am sure Di Canio was giving an increased ban the time he pushed a ref over???

richardtheref said:
Can assure everyone on here that young Michael is not a rag. Did a few games with him when he was coming up through the Northern League and you could tell he was good.

His dad was a football league ref as well & they are both very nice people. Michael even did a few pre season games for some Northern League teams to help them out. Donates strips/boots to local refs & teams. If he does not have a game on a Sunday can often be seen taking in games in the Blyth Sunday league.

As for last night, with my assessors head on, only thing i think he got wrong was giving Di Maria a 2nd yellow. Should have been a straight red. He may only get 1 game ban for 2 yellows. Cannot remember but i am sure Di Canio was giving an increased ban the time he pushed a ref over???

Di Canio got an 11 match ban which was a bit OTT in my opinion although I can understand the logic behind it if they'd backed it up afterwards with the likes of Keane, Wise etc. Di Canio's one was outright assault though, whereas Dobby's was just plain silly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.