Michael Oliver (merged)

RandomJ said:
The first half he was giving the rags everything and then it was like he had a spine transplant at half time and in the second half he actually had the balls to make the big (correct) calls in front of the rag fans.

Nailed on. How I saw it. After watching him not give us 3 blatant pens and sending Rojo off, then see him deny Stoke a blatant pen for handball (final score 0-0) then 1st half he gave them everything I thought here we go again. Booked the Arsenal defender early then didn't book Rojo for a blatant block. Not sure what happened to him 2nd half, was out of character with him and Utd

richardtheref said:
Can assure everyone on here that young Michael is not a rag. Did a few games with him when he was coming up through the Northern League and you could tell he was good.

His dad was a football league ref as well & they are both very nice people. Michael even did a few pre season games for some Northern League teams to help them out. Donates strips/boots to local refs & teams. If he does not have a game on a Sunday can often be seen taking in games in the Blyth Sunday league.

As for last night, with my assessors head on, only thing i think he got wrong was giving Di Maria a 2nd yellow. Should have been a straight red. He may only get 1 game ban for 2 yellows. Cannot remember but i am sure Di Canio was giving an increased ban the time he pushed a ref over???
I agree: he ought to have given him a straight red. Listening to Danny Murphy's initial "analysis" was troubling; it was, essentially, "Not that bad, not aggressive, no harm done." I have no time whatsoever for abusing officials, because it is not, actually, about them as subjects, but as objects. Abusing officials is an attack on football qua football as much as CHEATING is. The tolerance (cowardice) shown in the face of constant, incessant cheating is the result of a society composed of individuals with seared consciences due to their own "private" lives which are riddled with cheating to such a degree they don't even possess the decency to be hypocrites.

Did Michael Oliver make history last night by being the first premier ref to have an assistant ref actually shadowing him around the pitch for the full 90 minutes??

Eds said:
Did Michael Oliver make history last night by being the first premier ref to have an assistant ref actually shadowing him around the pitch for the full 90 minutes??

No, that was Mike Dean in the only European match at the swamp this season.

Eds said:

Indeed he did, what an utter cnut granny shagger is, every single decision he was in Olivers ear muttering away..! I thought Oliver had a great game and I dont often say that about any ref in any game..!

Pity he wasn't as good in the derby earlier in the season. 4 blatant pen appeals (3 pens as the 3rd and 4th almost happened simultaneously) and a Red for Rojo.

Could have been 10-0 in the end

Silva_Spell said:
Pity he wasn't as good in the derby earlier in the season. 4 blatant pen appeals (3 pens as the 3rd and 4th almost happened simultaneously) and a Red for Rojo.

Could have been 10-0 in the end

This is true but on this particular game he was ok... The derby day he was a fuckin disgrace...>!

Blue Til Death said:
Eds said:

Indeed he did, what an utter cnut granny shagger is, every single decision he was in Olivers ear muttering away..! I thought Oliver had a great game and I dont often say that about any ref in any game..!

Even ones the shite were given he was moaning. Young as well running around trying to get people booked and sent off. Oh how the mighty have fallen and aren't we laughing at them

foxy said:
He had a great game yesterday I thought, showed huge bottle to pull Janizay (I can't be arsed spelling his name) up for diving. Good to see Yoonited playing on a level playing field.
Its spelt Jizzyjazz

Uncle Wally One Ball said:
foxy said:
He had a great game yesterday I thought, showed huge bottle to pull Janizay (I can't be arsed spelling his name) up for diving. Good to see Yoonited playing on a level playing field.
Its spelt Jizzyjazz
It's spelt over rated shite!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.