Michael Oliver to ref Liverpool v City - City lodge complaint

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by kippaxwarrior, 4 Nov 2019.

1. mikemcfc

mikemcfc

Team supported:
    CTID
    Can't disagree with that logic. So it may be the other way? As bent as ours are suspected to be, they may not be bent enough for FIFA? Or just inept?

2. Trevor Morley's Tache

Trevor Morley's Tache

The more incompetent you make it look (to a point), the less likely people are to suspect that is's corrupt.

3. blue b4 the moon

blue b4 the moon

Are we expecting some sort of reply this side of Xmas?

4. MillionMilesAway

MillionMilesAway

Wouldn't expect to hear anything openly.
    I'm sure there will be an interest in when next Oliver refs a City match.

5. blue b4 the moon

blue b4 the moon

Yeah should have added to my post...or nothing at all.

6. MillionMilesAway

MillionMilesAway

Probably!

To be fair though, I'd not expect the club to go public with this at all - all it does is entrench opinion. I don't know how it came to be public in the first place, and it is possible that it primarily focusses on the VAR side of things, and the Oliver involvement is not the main thrust.

7. mikemcfc

mikemcfc

Team supported:
    CTID
    concerning Oliver and City I'm sure we are all in agreement that incompetence is like a five count for the Holy Hand Grenade, it's right out.

purplenose likes this.
  8. nmc

nmc

I remember Mark Hughes complaining about Clattenburg after his comments and performance at ~Bolton - slagging off Bellers and then incorrectly sending him off. The league asked us to keep it low profile and said they’d ‘deal with it’. The next game Clattenburg refereed us in he sent one off and awarded two pens against us. I have no faith that officiating will improve - it’s simply not incompetence- there is an agenda to reinstall Liverpool as Champions.

Blueknows, KS55, BosnianBlue and 3 others like this.
  9. CharliesRightPeg

CharliesRightPeg

Those looking at win % etc in relation to refs
    You need to compare them vs our actual win rate for a period
    So say we're winning 75% of games, but with say Clattenburg only 33%, that bears looking at
    Opposite way round, say crystal Palace aren't winning any matches and Jon Moss refs them to a 75% win ratio surrounded by a standard of 15%, that's dodgy

10. Trevor Morley's Tache

Trevor Morley's Tache

I think Oliver is a fairly decent referee; just not where City are concerned. The last few times I've witnessed him ref us it's pretty much textbook bent reffing. He gets in the way of our passing, blocks our runners, pulls up play when he should be playing advantage, gives fouls against us for things the opposition get away with, books our players for the first challenge when their players foul with impunity amongst other things. This has the added effect of winding our players up and causing frustration, which often boils over like it did against Chelsea when both Aguero and Fern got sent off.

The thing with bent reffing is they don't have to do it for 90 minutes; just enough to get a reaction from our players. With the more effective cheats it is often difficult to spot unless you really watch for it. And let's face it, most people are watching the players.

CelesteItis, karen7, mat and 3 others like this.