Michael Oliver to ref Liverpool v City - City lodge complaint

If what you say is the law then why was Jesus’ goal v spurs ruled out as Laporte didn’t control the ball ?

Exactly my point straight after the decision.

These iduot refs are just that, idiots.

I'm sick to death of hearing how hard it is to ref a game. Try working for a living on a basic wage and see how hard real life is. Fucking twats.

Self defence! I saw it from behind the goal and thought Oh dear, he's going, and then when I saw the replay later it was retaliation for what the Brighton player had done, and I think the ref saw that it was both to go or none to go he chose the latter!
I had a great view from the front row of the top tier behind the goal and it was clear as day, I wouldn’t even have complained if he’d gotten his marching orders. He may well have been provoked but seeing as professional football is now refereed in the manner of a girls under 11 game what Kyle did merited an early bath. One of the rare ones we got away with.

Because the pigmo twats added a bit not written down anywhere saying that the accidental strike of the arm going to a team mate counts as control, whereas in the dipper case they couldn't count it going from Bernardo to Arnolds hand as being under city control, so had to go for good old plan b , I saw it & it was a natural shape play on I am not giving those twunts in blue fuck all approach.

Either way Liverpool gained possession of the ball, countered and scored from TAA's handball. No handball, no goal. There's been some claims that Gundogan's scuffed clearance meant the advantage was lost which is bullshit. City never cleared the danger and never gained possession(which by definition is gaining control of the ball) thus never recovered from the moment possession was turned over illegitimately. Angelino cut out a pass to Salah in the box with his toe, Salah was already challenging Gundogan for the loose ball, who didn't have time to adjust his feet, hence the scuffed clearance and another loose ball. Neither City player in control of the ball at any point. The next action, is a free shot on the edge of the box by Fabinho and a goal. Good shot and all that but we've had a winning goal ruled out off the back of PGMOLs shite interpretation of the law. IFABs makes much more sense.

I didn't even care about the penalty, their official statement post City vs Spurs(PL statement shown on Sky Sports I seem to remember) meant play had to be brought back to where TAA handled it. If they can't give a City penalty(because Bernardo also handled it) then an indirect free-kick to City would have covered all bases. I wouldn't care if City had to pass it back to Alisson. That first goal destroyed any chance City had of getting anything from the game, Liverpool were getting bested up until then and hadn't created a single chance against City.

I don't want to see our players switch off like that again in future though, boot the ball out first, then ask for a VAR check. Don't expect these bent officials to give City anything, be aware of situations where a ref can screw you over. Like waving play on inexplicably.

Last edited:

I'm sick to death of hearing how hard it is to ref a game. Try working for a living on a basic wage and see how hard real life is. Fucking twats.
Exactly. I reckon the prem priced out the barm pots because they would be on the pitch beating fuck out of these refs

Either way Liverpool gained possession of the ball, countered and scored from TAA's handball. No handball, no goal. There's been some claims that Gundogan's scuffed clearance meant the advantage was lost which is bullshit. City never cleared the danger and never gained possession(which by definition is gaining control of the ball) thus never recovered from the moment possession was turned over illegitimately. Angelino cut out a pass to Salah in the box with his toe, Salah was already challenging Gundogan for the loose ball, who didn't have time to adjust his feet, hence the scuffed clearance and another loose ball. Neither City player in control of the ball at any point. The next action, is a free shot on the edge of the box by Fabinho and a goal. Good shot and all that but we've had a winning goal ruled out off the back of PGMOLs shite interpretation of the law. IFABs makes much more sense.

I didn't even care about the penalty, their official statement post City vs Spurs(PL statement shown on Sky Sports I seem to remember) meant play had to be brought back to where TAA handled it. If they can't give a City penalty(because Bernardo also handled it) then an indirect free-kick to City would have covered all bases. I wouldn't care if City had to pass it back to Alisson. That first goal destroyed any chance City had of getting anything from the game, Liverpool were getting bested up until then and hadn't created a single chance against City.

I don't want to see our players switch off like that again in future though, boot the ball out first, then ask for a VAR check. Don't expect these bent officials to give City anything, be aware of situations where a ref can screw you over. Like waving play on inexplicably.

They had actually barely touched the ball. They looked scared shitless.

All you need to know is that Walton,who never gave us anything against any scouse side, said it was a penalty.
I called it mid week before the game, dodgy VAR decision for a penalty goes against City, dippers go on to win.

We all know refs have a difficult job and were sold the whole var set up on the basis that it would assist the refs.
The reality is it has somehow become more of a hindrance,and has achieved the almost impossible feat of having fans question the neutrality and integrity of the officials even more than we were previously.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.