Mick McCarthy

Ask him " What was the atmosphere like at Maine Road when he played in front of the Kippax, especially when he scored that great header in the 86 Derby, and how it compares with his wide experience of football grounds today?"

Three Questions

1. How did he keep a straight face when he signed his contract seeing the state of Swales' "Hair"?

2. Is he aware that he is one of a few (in relative terms) City players that got to play in the now iconic Shiny Powder blue Philips City shirts. (My favorite retro shirt of all time)

3. Was he ever cup tied?

Ask Mick what he thought of Eddie Large sitting on the City bench. Is that something he would do at Ipswich?
Did he ever meet Sid Little?

ask him......not that the dust has settled & everyone appears to have kissed & made up...does he agree with Keane about how unprofessional the Irish were prior to the WC in 2002......

LadislavMplmx said:
ask him......not that the dust has settled & everyone appears to have kissed & made up...does he agree with Keane about how unprofessional the Irish were prior to the WC in 2002......

They were what they were and punched above their weight because of it. The most unprofessional part of that sorry mess would have been if Mick hadn't taken the trouble maker out of the team. Even Ferguson did that when it was time. Mick got very little backing from the FAI for what I think was the correct decision. The team galvanised and should have got further against Spain, but Mick gets the blame for not knowing they had only 10 on the field at the end of the game. He was undermined by those that should have been backing him.
We all had our fill of it over here and now the c**t , Keane is back, sort of.
Rather than wanting to know what Mick thinks of Keane (who cares, we all know what he is), I would be more interested in knowing what he thinks of how he was witch hunted, and the FAI's treatment of him. In particular what does he think of John Delaney, the now CEO who was spokesman at the time and rose to prominence as a result of the whole Saipan affair.

On second thoughts, scrap all that, it's got nothing to do with City. No further questions Your Honour.

Ask him if he remembers seeing me at the Manchester Motor Show in the early 80's.

Ask him is he an ex bitter blue who doesnt recognise the City of today,cause I heard him a few year back spouting something on those lines

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.