Middle East Conflict (merged) | Iran launch missile attack after Israel invade Lebanon

That’s all fair comment, but my point remains. Isreal has to be allowed to defend itself. ‘How much?’ is surely the material question.

Think this attack is at least arguably legitimate.

Are you suggesting it’s not?
Nothing wrong with anything you say. Whether you believe this will ultimately achieve any lasting goal any Israeli may or may not have, whether Zionist or not, that’s up to you to look at objectively.

The point I have tried to make and maybe you can explain to PPT is that I don’t believe Netanyahu has any intent on slowing down or listening to anything resembling reason or reconciliation, certainly not before the American election.
Hostages are purely collateral damage and it is no more than insincere concern about them that he spouts at every opportunity.

He will make hay while the sun shines. It’s the opportunity he has been waiting for. Just cause.

This view has nothing to do with support for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iran Iraq or anyone else you care to mention.

I would be critical of our own government on a lot of things, but I like most Irish people would fully support the stance they have taken in recognising a two state solution is the only hope of lasting peace.
We recognise the state of Palestine.
I don’t believe this is something Netanyahu and his party have any intent on allowing happen while he is in power.
And this is his way of maintaining power.

That’s my stance.
Pure and simple.
I don’t condone violence from anyone.
No matter how either side subjectively justifies it.

I am talking specifically about the attack on the Hezbollah HQ, which is situated in a residential area. Yes, that’s absolutely a legitimate military target.

Who the fuck does that, by the way? Puts their own deliberately in harm’s way.

Absolute cunts.

Does putting in harm's way include locating Kibbutzes within striking distance of known would be hostage takers and jihadis?

Nothing wrong with anything you say. Whether you believe this will ultimately achieve any lasting goal any Israeli may or may not have, whether Zionist or not, that’s up to you to look at objectively.

The point I have tried to make and maybe you can explain to PPT is that I don’t believe Netanyahu has any intent on slowing down or listening to anything resembling reason or reconciliation, certainly not before the American election.
Hostages are purely collateral damage and it is no more than insincere concern about them that he spouts at every opportunity.

He will make hay while the sun shines. It’s the opportunity he has been waiting for. Just cause.

This view has nothing to do with support for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iran Iraq or anyone else you care to mention.

I would be critical of our own government on a lot of things, but I like most Irish people would fully support the stance they have taken in recognising a two state solution is the only hope of lasting peace.
We recognise the state of Palestine.
I don’t believe this is something Netanyahu and his party have any intent on allowing happen while he is in power.
And this is his way of maintaining power.

That’s my stance.
Pure and simple.
I don’t condone violence from anyone.
No matter how either side subjectively justifies it.

The two state solution is non viable. The only solution is the one state solution. That's a multi-ethnic state, or because neither side can trust each other, abandonment of the zionist project and the return of all the stolen lands.

From a practical point of view the easiest solution would be to let Israel have Gaza, where they will have a contiguous coast from Egypt to Lebanon.
In return the West Bank becomes the state of Palestine. I don't know how they'd feel not having sea. But obviously some give and take is needed.

Jerusalem would have to be a separate issue.

Israel won't trade the West Bank for Gaza.

They currently control the water supply and the border with Jordan, they aren't going to give all that up for a pile of rubble.

And the West Bank probably couldn't sustain an extra two million people even taking into account seven hundred thousand settlers leaving.

Arguably not.

They were originally located there prior to partition so the Arabs couldn't claim the land. It wasn't just a case of them being put there by coincidence.

The Arabs were then subject to brutal purges in resisting the influx of the Zionists. The purges tied their hands behind their back in the war that followed partition.

If Israel can arguably blow up whole blocks, Hamas and Hezbollah can target any Israeli civilian.Total war means total war.

The two state solution is non viable. The only solution is the one state solution. That's a multi-ethnic state, or because neither side can trust each other, abandonment of the zionist project and the return of all the stolen lands.
Yeah and the reunification of Ireland is the only answer too!
No it’s not. Certainly not the in the way Republicans were fighting for pre 1998.
I understand your frustration of Zionism but you are nowhere near a one state utopian solution.
Whatever the final solution it has to have support from the majority in both camps.
They’re nowhere near approaching referendum territory. I haven’t a clue what the solution is but I do think arming both sides wherever that comes from, is ultimately counterproductive.

You’ll never have peace.

And the well armed IDF knocking the shit out of all in front of them will not bring an internal long lasting peaceful solution.
Guerrilla warfare is hard to suppress.
That is why nothing but complete genocide seems to be the plan from Netanyahu. It suits his view of things.

On its present course this will go on and on and around and around in circles for generations. Where are the peace makers in the region?

Unconfirmed reports are indicating that Nasrallah may have been killed in the latest Israeli air strike

Reactions: Eds
Maybe they should have thought about that on October 7th?
We watched a harrowing documentary last night concerning the heinous cowardly attacks on innocent festival attendees at a music festival at the Nova. Its called Surviving October the 7th ..We Will Dance Again:

Fair to say hamas are an absolute pariah, seeking nothing but the total aniliahation of the state of Israel. Same with Irans other proxy Hezbollah, who came to the rescue of their Hamas chums by escalating and launching thousands of rockets into the north almost daily since that fateful day in October.

Well it's now phase two of the operation and time to deal with Hezbolla resolutely, in the only language it undrstands. If they wish to stop carnage then all they have to do is cease and desist from their attacks, but they wont do that.

Re the strike on hesbollas HQ in Beirut today I hope nasrulla and his cohorts have been taken out of circulation. No other country in the known world would have acted with such restraint as Israel in the face of these daily attacks. Israel has a right to defend itself and of course .. its Government a duty to protect its people.

A powerful speech to congress today from Mr Netanyahu concerning total victory, saying "Israel will fight until they have destroyed Hamas’s military capabilities and its rule in Gaza, bringing the hostages home. That’s what total victory means and we will settle for nothing less" Amen to that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.