Middle East Conflict (merged) | Iran launch missile attack after Israel invade Lebanon

Normalised lives means exactly what it says, Arabs and Jews deserve to go about their daily business unhindered and not under the threat of missile attacks, having their land stolen et, etc
Take religion out of the equation and centuries (millennia?) of Holy War out of the equation, and who knows?!

Frankly, that's an astonishing admission. "This round of conflict"? I take it you don't mean the round of all the building of illegal settlements.
Multiple wars, multiple incursions, multiple step backs to “recognized borders,” multiple pencil lines on a map.
Pick a year in history and let’s use those borders, shall we? Which year do you want to use?

And, frankly, I’m no longer sure I understand the word “illegal” as it relates to maps, buildings, wanton destruction, or the death of innocents.

To indiscriminately bomb Lebanese people and call it simple collateral is just wrong.

Assumes facts not in evidence, and is amusing given the ballistic nature of the rocket strain and their proxies rain down on the Israeli population.

If Israel dropped a nuclear bomb on Beirut killing millions then is that collateral because apparently it seems so?

And, that post wins the internet’s “Hyoerbolic Hypothetical of the Day” award.
Congratulations!

Before the October 7th massacre, in 2023, 300 Palestinians were killed in the West Bank alone. This is an ongoing process. October 7th did not just happen in a vacuum.
I didn’t say it did.

What was the objective? Did they bother to think about October 8th? 9th? The live streaming of the murder if Americans in Israel?

Tit for tat with a bigger stronger foe eventually gets you a good slap. Not many expected this slap, but then maybe they mistook the slapper for someone else?!
Appears to have been a big mistake, UNLESS the objective was to start a massive regional war, while America (Israel’s biggest ally) is in a precarious situation?

I was chastised about the continued rearming of Israel by the US months ago, when being told I was a monster for supporting the U.S. export of bombs and missiles and aircraft to Israel while they pushed south in Gaza!

I dared to say that the U.S. has to maintain a strong Israel because Hamas (& Hezbollah) are impotent without Iranian finance and arms, and they have to ready to defend themselves NOT against Hamas, but Iran.

Guffaws ensued…even though Israel was already defending themselves on both (H&H) fronts.

Now, here we sit.

What, no laughing anymore at the prospect of Iranian missiles raining down on Israel???

No giggling over the possible Israeli response(s)?

The conflict in this entire region is amongst nations and peoples with exceedingly long memories, yet most of us put events into the new social media timeline context of yesterday, last week, or last month.

These people are playing multi-generational, possibly multi-century three dimensional chess…and so far only the pawns and a few rooks, plus a black knight (or two) have being taken. Let’s see how far the kings will go to protect their queens!

And, frankly, I’m no longer sure I understand the word “illegal” as it relates to maps, buildings, wanton destruction, or the death of innocents.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.