Middle East Conflict (merged) | Iran launch missile attack after Israel invade Lebanon

I know your standard routine is to trash the source but what are you questioning here?

Is it the reality of widely shared footage or is your quibble about the quoted numbers of dead, injured and displaced?
I was quibbling about the hyperbolic statement about Beirut being destroyed.
It now looks like the tweet has gone so maybe I was right.

I didn’t say it did.

What was the objective? Did they bother to think about October 8th? 9th? The live streaming of the murder if Americans in Israel?

Tit for tat with a bigger stronger foe eventually gets you a good slap. Not many expected this slap, but then maybe they mistook the slapper for someone else?!
Appears to have been a big mistake, UNLESS the objective was to start a massive regional war, while America (Israel’s biggest ally) is in a precarious situation?

I was chastised about the continued rearming of Israel by the US months ago, when being told I was a monster for supporting the U.S. export of bombs and missiles and aircraft to Israel while they pushed south in Gaza!

I dared to say that the U.S. has to maintain a strong Israel because Hamas (& Hezbollah) are impotent without Iranian finance and arms, and they have to ready to defend themselves NOT against Hamas, but Iran.

Guffaws ensued…even though Israel was already defending themselves on both (H&H) fronts.

Now, here we sit.

What, no laughing anymore at the prospect of Iranian missiles raining down on Israel???

No giggling over the possible Israeli response(s)?

The conflict in this entire region is amongst nations and peoples with exceedingly long memories, yet most of us put events into the new social media timeline context of yesterday, last week, or last month.

These people are playing multi-generational, possibly multi-century three dimensional chess…and so far only the pawns and a few rooks, plus a black knight (or two) have being taken. Let’s see how far the kings will go to protect their queens!
Who are the kings in this scenario? If it's Iran and the US, I think it's fair to point out only one is middle eastern.

Assumes facts not in evidence, and is amusing given the ballistic nature of the rockets their proxies rain down on the Israeli population.

And, that post wins the internet’s “Hyperbolic Hypothetical of the Day” award.
Congratulations!
How can you use the word "amusing" in this context. Words fail me...

Who are the kings in this scenario? If it's Iran and the US, I think it's fair to point out only one is middle eastern.
You can pick whomever is holding the keys the kingdom you see when you look at what’s happening.

And, lest the point go unaddressed, the US isn’t in Europe either, but it has protected you for the last 80 years, so let’s not be too high and mighty on besmirching the political and military reach of the U.S. or Iran.

I was quibbling about the hyperbolic statement about Beirut being destroyed.
It now looks like the tweet has gone so maybe I was right.
His personal hyperbolic tweet has .... but the footage he sourced it from remains.
The X post has been deleted.
What does THAT mean?
No idea pal. You appear to have all the answers why not bang out another few paragraphs and enlighten us further?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.