Middle East Conflict (merged) | Iran launch missile attack after Israel invade Lebanon

Some of the people here defending Israel need to seriously look at themselves. This is state sponsored murder and ethnic cleansing, which is of course the stated aim of a number of Israeli politicians. The Palestinians have a right to resist the occupation of their homeland. If I were to come into your home and take your belongings, you would have the right to defend yourself and your property. Israel has NO right to defend the occupied territories because it has no right to occupy those territories in the first place.

Some of the people here defending Israel need to seriously look at themselves. This is state sponsored murder and ethnic cleansing, which is of course the stated aim of a number of Israeli politicians. The Palestinians have a right to resist the occupation of their homeland. If I were to come into your home and take your belongings, you would have the right to defend yourself and your property. Israel has NO right to defend the occupied territories because it has no right to occupy those territories in the first place.
Israel pulled out of the Gaza strip in 2005. It is not defending the occupied territories against the Palestinians unless you think the whole of Israel is an occupied territory which puts you on a par with Hamas and other extremist groups. Gazans trying to get through the fence into Israel are the equivalent of your neighbours breaking into your house. The excess use of force is what is in question and the fact that much of it is inspired by Trump relocating the US embassy.

I don't think anyone on here is defending the Israeli actions. They're by and large indefensible. But they're not occupying the Gaza Strip although they and Egypt are maintaining a blockade of sorts.

But one question no one ever answers - up to 1967, when Israel did occupy the West Bank & Gaza Strip, the former had been annexed by Jordan and the latter was under military occupation by Egypt. Why didn't they simply hand over the territory to the Palestinians then?

I don't think anyone on here is defending the Israeli actions. They're by and large indefensible. But they're not occupying the Gaza Strip although they and Egypt are maintaining a blockade of sorts.

Read above, and in the Trump thread, where a certain person made out that is was fine to use any and all means to stop supposed infiltration at the border fence. Apart from the overt attempt at justifying state sponsored murder, it ignores completely the principle of proportionality.

But one question no one ever answers - up to 1967, when Israel did occupy the West Bank & Gaza Strip, the former had been annexed by Jordan and the latter was under military occupation by Egypt. Why didn't they simply hand over the territory to the Palestinians then?

I don't understand what relevance this has. I'm sure we've been through this before. The Palestinians are the people that lived upon and owned the lands now mostly occupied by Israel. The fact that Palestine may never have formally existed as a state is entirely irrelevant, though I note that is used by right-wing Zionists in their attempts to declare the non-existence of the Palestinians. The Ottoman empire was partitioned along arbitrary border lines. It was never in the power of the Palestinians to declare the formation of their state. Who would Egypt hand over the lands to? There were no state institutions. No figure of authority. No military force to defend the borders. Had Egypt simply withdrawn from those territories, Israel would have moved into the vacuum.

Israel pulled out of the Gaza strip in 2005. It is not defending the occupied territories against the Palestinians unless you think the whole of Israel is an occupied territory which puts you on a par with Hamas and other extremist groups. Gazans trying to get through the fence into Israel are the equivalent of your neighbours breaking into your house. The excess use of force is what is in question and the fact that much of it is inspired by Trump relocating the US embassy.

Gaza borders occupied territories. By occupied territories I mean the lands ceased illegally during the six day war.
Excessive use of force is a trait of the Israeli military, seen countless times previously. It is not inspired by the Trump administration. The recent embassy relocation may have sparked the violence, but it didn't cause Israel to use more force than it usually does. This is the norm for Israel.

The Palestinians given the chance would wipe Israel off the face of the earth, I see no redeeming qualities in the way they attacked the border it's obvious that given the opportunity it would be a bloodbath. Using children as shields is one of the worst crimes of war.
People suggesting that this is a protest are only seeing what they want to see.

And you ain’t? Jesus Christ they are throwing rocks and petrol bombs that aren’t even reaching them. If we had a political march in the uk and the protestors started throwing rocks and petrol bombs your ok with shooting them?

Do you not think they have a legitimate right to be fucked off?

If we Scots came down and took over your area would you fight us? If you threw rocks and petrol bombs and we shot people you would be ok with that? Ffs!

Live ammo? Have a word with yourself after you answer my question.

Even if Hamas is behind it, that’s no excuse to gun down civilians.

Gaza borders occupied territories. By occupied territories I mean the lands ceased illegally during the six day war.
Excessive use of force is a trait of the Israeli military, seen countless times previously. It is not inspired by the Trump administration. The recent embassy relocation may have sparked the violence, but it didn't cause Israel to use more force than it usually does. This is the norm for Israel.
Israel seized the Gaza Strip in the six day war and withdrew completely from the Gaza Strip in 2005. Gaza does not border land that was seized in 1967 so you’re wrong.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.