Middle East Conflict (merged)

How many of them really care enough to do so? Being an activist is just a hobby for some people. For others, they just like attaching themselves popular things.

Why is it that many people seem bothered about the Isreal:Palestine issue or the race issue in the USA, but not the Azerbaijan:Armenia issue or the Myanmar+Rohingya issue or the Mexican drug cartel issue or the treatment of native Papuans by Indonesia in West Papua or the situation in Yemen…?

Some people just pick and choose things to appear bothered about based on what they see is popular.

Have you ever considered a career as a columnist for the spectator?

How many of them really care enough to do so? Being an activist is just a hobby for some people. For others, they just like attaching themselves popular things.

Why is it that many people seem bothered about the Isreal:Palestine issue or the race issue in the USA, but not the Azerbaijan:Armenia issue or the Myanmar+Rohingya issue or the Mexican drug cartel issue or the treatment of native Papuans by Indonesia in West Papua or the situation in Yemen…?

Some people just pick and choose things to appear bothered about based on what they see is popular.
Of that list, only the plight of the Palestinians is a direct result of British perfidy.

The BBC reporting that there are 8 dead and 80 injured/wounded, 17 of which are in a critical condition. Thats a hell of a lot of terrorists, well done Israel.
Update. 10 dead, 100 wounded. Soon there won't be any terrorists left. Great job.

Of that list, only the plight of the Palestinians is a direct result of British perfidy.
Yemen is n’all.

Britain provides money and weapons directly to UAE and Saudi for their part in the Yemen conflict.

And British people buy drugs that have come through Mexico or other Latin American counties affected by cartels and the trade.

You've highlighted 6 worthy causes but that's the problem. I could name you 6 more. People cannot support and actively campaign for all the different problems of this world so they look to highlight and support one or two.
My own is Palestine and terrible suffering of the Rohingya people. I was supporting them years before the bbc covered it for a week or so. I even started a thread in off top.
People cannot support every cause but they can use social media platforms like this to highlight government ordered murder.

Mmmmm we fucked about in Burma as well. Aung San Suu Kyi's dad was a terrorist/freedom fighter looking to gain independence from Britain.
Like the Palestinians, he stated that Britain lied 'you help us in the war, we'll give you your country back'
Apparently when they later said they were only joking he got a bit upset.
Our history is one of lies, betrayal and blood shed.

You've highlighted 6 worthy causes but that's the problem. I could name you 6 more. People cannot support and actively campaign for all the different problems of this world so they look to highlight and support one or two.
My own is Palestine and terrible suffering of the Rohingya people. I was supporting them years before the bbc covered it for a week or so. I even started a thread in off top.
People cannot support every cause but they can use social media platforms like this to highlight government ordered murder.
Indeed, and some people do get involved with as many as they can, even if just raising awareness. Some people really do care n’all, and some even do go over to these places to provide aid.

But some people do also just shove a Palestinian flag on their Twitter bio just because it’s popular.

I've also read a number of books and as you highlight, the uk bears a lot of responsibility for what is happening now. We lied to the Palestinians with the old 'help us fight the germans' line, promising them their own country and we lied to the Israelis. That said, yesterday's invasion by Israel merely incites more young Palestinian men to take up arms. IMO Israel need the conflict, they want it, it is good for elections, show you are tough on terror etc. so they have no interest in a peaceful solution.
Totally agree.
The assassination of Rabin highlights that. There will probably always be a majority that want peace and stability but then the small contigent that put their personal interests above those of the general population sow fear amongst the rest. Use nationalism and "they want to kill us all/wipe us from the face of the earth/destroy our way of life". That then sways the doubters and you get the hard liners coming in.
The similarities with Russia are quite striking in that sense, In defending the homeland/motherland we must have more of a buffer.
Power Corruption & Lies

Would love to see the responses if you posed the question to the UK/US & Israeli leaders...."Would you support & assist the movement of all Palestinians to Palestine to create their own homeland?"
They were all for it 80 odd years ago, but somehow I dont think there is enough votes/money in it for them to support now.

Yemen is n’all.

Britain provides money and weapons directly to UAE and Saudi for their part in the Yemen conflict.

And British people buy drugs that have come through Mexico or other Latin American counties affected by cartels and the trade.
Not directly due to British perfidy. I chose my words carefully.

Mmmmm we fucked about in Burma as well. Aung San Suu Kyi's dad was a terrorist/freedom fighter looking to gain independence from Britain.
Like the Palestinians, he stated that Britain lied 'you help us in the war, we'll give you your country back'
Apparently when they later said they were only joking he got a bit upset.
Our history is one of lies, betrayal and blood shed.

Yeah, but not like promising the same land to two different peoples.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.