Middle East Conflict (merged)

A2 is outdated and guns should be far more regulated than they are. As a law-abiding professional with Federal firearms training, there is almost no scenario under which I would not have access to a firearm, so it really doesn’t affect me, but there are definitely people it should restrict.

Key statistics regarding gun ownership in America:

- There are approximately 393 million civilian-owned firearms in the U.S.

- An estimated 82,880,000 people in the U.S. own at least one firearm as of 2023

- 32% of Americans personally own a gun, while 43% of households have at least one firearm.

There are a lot of people with 1 firearm and a handful of people with more than you can imagine. That’s a problem!

Americans should need hoops and training to own a firearm (handgun or shotgun) for home defence. Thereafter, it should be much, much harder to own, with liability an integral part of the equation.

2A is a third rail issue. Republicans say Dems will take guns away, so rural folks and 2A zealots will never vote D, while Republicans created the strongest gun legislation in decades when Saint Ronnie of Simi was shot by Hinckley outside the Washington Hilton! Go figure!

It’s almost as intractable as Israel-Palestine!
I didn’t really expect a reply, but it’s a good one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.