Middle East Conflict (merged)

I don't know if you were brought up in the US or not but if you were you've probably been exposed to more Israeli propaganda than we have on this side of the pond.

The above being a prime example.
92% of Congress are funded by Aipac. Money shovelled into their pockets. No fuckin wonder the Murderer Netanyahu got a standing ovation in Congress.

No
Did you see the rubble in Europe after WWII?
Were my parents running into the air raid shelters for exercise?

War is horrific, which is why we do our utmost not to let/make it happen, but when it does there’s nothing sanitary, organized or convenient about it. Bad guys hide where they hope they will have an advantage, not in designated hiding spots.
No-one pretended carpet bombing was precision targeting. That's why many opposed it even after the Blitz.

Perfectly summed up I think. Israel would 100% prefer to meet Hamas and Hezbollah on a battlefield where they could then just kill 'legitimate' targets. Hamas and Hezbollah much prefer the situation where they use their own people as human shields. The problem then becomes 'How can Israel defend itself and protect it's own innocents effectively without killing other innocents?"

Utter crap.

How many times did the IDF claim knowledge of knowing where the Hamas fighters were (in tunnels), but decided to blow up the area where the *IDF cunts claimed there were tunnels, murdering all and sundry (hostages as well)?

Make your argument about ground fight forces, not cowards bombing from distance.

*Made an edit for my own accountability cos I'm not against Israeli citizens that want a peaceful solution, so I can't use 'Israeli' to describe these Inhuman cunts.

Last edited:
I don't know if you were brought up in the US or not but if you were you've probably been exposed to more Israeli propaganda than we have on this side of the pond.

The above being a prime example.
And you've not been exposed to anti-Israel/Islamic fundamentalist propaganda?

Last edited:
That would be true if Hamas and Hezbollah wanted peace. They don't- their goal is the complete and utter destruction of Israel and it's Jewish population.

They are only in power, particularly hamas, because Isreal has systematically targeted Palestinians, taken land, cut them off from resources and increasingly made their life a living hell.

Terror breeds terror.

If Isreal were kinder to their neighbours and actually recognised them as a state then I doubt Hamas would have ever come to power. The majority of Palestinians want peace and the majority of Israelis want peace but there’s a faction either side that have become more and more extreme and they wield the power whilst each side is backed up by major nations (Iran / US) who have equally fuelled the fire. Iran in particular.

And you've not been exposed to anti-Israel/Islamic fundamentalist propaganda?
Not that I'm aware of. Most of the mainstream media in the UK is quite Islamophobic.
I've been following this sad state of events since I was a kid and I suppose the way I think is conditioned by the history of European colonialism, whether it be British, French, Spanish, Portuguese and more latterly the US.

They are only in power, particularly hamas, because Isreal has systematically targeted Palestinians, taken land, cut them off from resources and increasingly made their life a living hell.

Terror breeds terror.

If Isreal were kinder to their neighbours and actually recognised them as a state then I doubt Hamas would have ever come to power. The majority of Palestinians want peace and the majority of Israelis want peace but there’s a faction either side that have become more and more extreme and they wield the power whilst each side is backed up by major nations (Iran / US) who have equally fuelled the fire. Iran in particular.
I'd say it was more a case that the PLO/Palestinian Authority were totally corrupt and remote from the ordinary Palestinians. Hamas worked as a community organisation using Islamic institutions to gain the support of the ordinary Gazan population.

The thing is they could only do that under Israeli occupation, as the Egyptians (and other more moderate Arab countries like the UAE) see the Muslim Brotherhood and their supposed offshoots like Hamas) as mortal enemies and have long suppressed them, often brutally. It's also highly likely that some in Israel saw Hamas as a useful counterweight to Fatah. In hindsight that was a very foolish view.

Not that I'm aware of. Most of the mainstream media in the UK is quite Islamophobic.
I've been following this sad state of events since I was a kid and I suppose the way I think is conditioned by the history of European colonialism, whether it be British, French, Spanish, Portuguese and more latterly the US.
So is it OK for the Russians to indiscriminately kill Ukrainians? Because that's not a colonial issue, or based on race/religion. Are you as vocal about the treatment of the Muslim Uyghur people as you are about the Muslim Palestinians? Or the treatment of Muslims in India?

People talk about colonialism as a black-and-white issue, where the colonisers were wholly bad and the colonised wholly oppressed. I agree it caused many problems and probably the worst were the Belgians in places like the Congo. But it also had benefits, bringing countries like India into the modern age far quicker than if they'd been left to their own devices.

The independence that many previously colonial countries demanded, and many viciously fought for, left a mess. Incompetence, corruption, tribal rivalries and other issues have left some of these countries in a far worse state than they were when they were colonies. The DRC has been plundered at least as badly since its independence as it was before. How many African countries would you say were an unqualified success since they achieved independence?

The cynical carving up of the old Ottoman empire post-WW1 created plenty of problems of its own. Jordan, Iraq, Saudi Arabia and Lebanon weren't independent sovereign states prior to that, yet no one questions their right to exist.

So is it OK for the Russians to indiscriminately kill Ukrainians? Because that's not a colonial issue, or based on race/religion. Are you as vocal about the treatment of the Muslim Uyghur people as you are about the Muslim Palestinians? Or the treatment of Muslims in India?

People talk about colonialism as a black-and-white issue, where the colonisers were wholly bad and the colonised wholly oppressed. I agree it caused many problems and probably the worst were the Belgians in places like the Congo. But it also had benefits, bringing countries like India into the modern age far quicker than if they'd been left to their own devices.

The independence that many previously colonial countries demanded, and many viciously fought for, left a mess. Incompetence, corruption, tribal rivalries and other issues have left some of these countries in a far worse state than they were when they were colonies. The DRC has been plundered at least as badly since its independence as it was before. How many African countries would you say were an unqualified success since they achieved independence?

The cynical carving up of the old Ottoman empire post-WW1 created plenty of problems of its own. Jordan, Iraq, Saudi Arabia and Lebanon weren't independent sovereign states prior to that, yet no one questions their right to exist.
Yes the Belgians were bad but historians suggest that under British rule from 1880 to 1920 , over 150 million Indians died as result of British policies.

As far as me being selective in who I feel sorry for, I'd say that one can't get worked up about everything. In addition the problems in the middle east were in some part caused by Britain unlike the issues you mention elsewhere in the world. And my father was born in Haifa.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.