Middle East Conflict (merged)

815 Israeli civilians were killed on 7/10 (according to Wikipedia). Israel has not killed 81.5 million civilians since then. There is a legitimate argument about proportionality but it doesn't help that argument to use figures that are clearly wrong.
Sorry I wasn't trying to be accurate, it's probably 100:1, maybe 50:1, either way it's heavily weighed to one side.

This is all framed as a war on terrorism but to act against terror you shouldn't commit terror in return.

Yes the Belgians were bad but historians suggest that under British rule from 1880 to 1920 , over 150 million Indians died as result of British policies.

As far as me being selective in who I feel sorry for, I'd say that one can't get worked up about everything. In addition the problems in the middle east were in some part caused by Britain unlike the issues you mention elsewhere in the world. And my father was born in Haifa.

It's an old chestnut that has been used many times before. Often by ambassadors of despotic regimes appearing on BBC News programme Hardtalk.

Yes the Belgians were bad but historians suggest that under British rule from 1880 to 1920 , over 150 million Indians died as result of British policies.

As far as me being selective in who I feel sorry for, I'd say that one can't get worked up about everything. In addition the problems in the middle east were in some part caused by Britain unlike the issues you mention elsewhere in the world. And my father was born in Haifa.
Bit of a misnomer to just throw in British Polices saw off 150 million Indians, when British rule began the population was approx 180 million by 1920 it was 380 million, during the times you refer to there were some monumental monsoon failures so unless we were to blame for the weather it might be said British policies may well have mitigated the famines as the population increased by some 200 million.

Bit of a misnomer to just throw in British Polices saw off 150 million Indians, when British rule began the population was approx 180 million by 1920 it was 380 million, during the times you refer to there were some monumental monsoon failures so unless we were to blame for the weather it might be said British policies may well have mitigated the famines as the population increased by some 200 million.

I don't know if anybody has posted this but this is a map of targets, seemingly hit by Iran's missile response.

Of the 180 missiles fired, 32 hit targets. So that's not the iron dome's defence alone, but with help from Jordan US and UK protection, too.

View attachment 133900
Jordan and UK protection can do sweet FA against Balistic missiles. Drones and Cruise Missiles yes, Balistic missiles no.
As to Iranian missiles getting close I'm afraid that's no cigar. If you can hit a bullet with a bullet (Arrow3 + David's Sling interceptions) then I'm absolutely sure you can work out exactly where a balistic missile will strike to within 20 cms.
No baliatic missile can make in flight course corrections after final stage separation yet. Maybe the latest Chinese hypersonic one can and the two US hypersonics going into production at the moment certainly can but that's your lot.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.