Middle East Conflict

No foreign jounalists allowed in Gaza by the IDF. What are they are trying to hide?

The US needs to stop the flow of bombs that allow the IDF to murder innocent people, and put some restrictions and controls on what the IDF are doing.
Unfortunately they won't. While it was the British who got the ball rolling with the Balfour declaration Israel would have disappeared long ago if not for American economic, political and military support.
They're not going to give up on Israel however much mayhem they cause. After all the US has created plenty of its own in the area.

Unfortunately they won't. While it was the British who got the ball rolling with the Balfour declaration Israel would have disappeared long ago if not for American economic, political and military support.
They're not going to give up on Israel however much mayhem they cause. After all the US has created plenty of its own in the area.
I didnt say they should give up on Isreal. I said they should restrict and limit what the IDF are doing with the weapons they are giving them.

Interesting thoughts on Israel's drift to the right, the contradictions of 'liberal ' Zionism and it's inevitable demise and why he sees the current phase as the beginning of the end for the Zionist project.

^^^ From about 30 mins in.

Elections are great but we are still far from seeing dawn. Israel had local elections a couple months ago and the right wing came out tops…

https://www.jpost.com/opinion/article-789685

On top of the current carnage being rather popular amongst the electorate…

I have tried to explain why the current protests, whilst on the surface seem like a good development, are actually deeply depressing upon closer scrutiny, because they have very little to do with the genocidal actions in Gaza or the pogroms in the West Bank.

They are almost entirely to do with the general public’s anger over Netanyahu’s handling of the hostage return efforts, the deep distrust of him specifically, and trying to create an appearance of moderation and “we’re better than this, really”, without having to actually be moderate or better than what Netanyahu has done thus far.

From the polling data I have seen, and the conversations I have had with friends and family in Israel recently, I am not sure the far-right would actually lose much ground if elections were held in the next month, which is a sobering realisation.

Interesting thoughts on Israel's drift to the right, the contradictions of 'liberal ' Zionism and it's inevitable demise and why he sees the current phase as the beginning of the end for the Zionist project.

^^^ From about 30 mins in.

I posted this awhile ago in the thread put I also still strongly recommend this podcast.

It succinctly lays out, with primary recordings and expert commentary, exactly how far-right Netanyahu has always been, the path of Ben-Gvir, an ultra-right wing militant, to a position of unprecedented power over the Palestinian Territories (he ostensibly supports the killing and/or displacement of all Palestinians; essentially a Palestinian holocaust), and how much pressure towards ouster the current far-right Netanyahu coalition government was under until the 7th October attacks forced a tentative national unification (with tensions still simmering).

Elections are great but we are still far from seeing dawn. Israel had local elections a couple months ago and the right wing came out tops…

https://www.jpost.com/opinion/article-789685

On top of the current carnage being rather popular amongst the electorate…

That's disheartening, but hasn't the general mood of the country changed somewhat over the last couple of months? Even if the tyrant stays in power, the lead up to an election could mean more vociferous protests. Not all of Israel sides with the committance of genocide.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.