Middle East Conflict

The current Israeli government certainly needs to be removed and if the polls are anything to go by, they will be removed at the next election. Now that his promises of security through suppression of Palestinian aspirations and through fear of terrorism have been shown to be totally discredited, the electorate will surely get rid and elect a government with some totally different ideas.

Hopefully in parallel the Palestinian people will realise that Hamas have brought them nothing but suffering and have given the current Israeli government the excuse they need to act the way they do, and they will somehow take advantage of their weakness once the IDF have finished with them and will also elect a government that aims to help their aspirations through negotiation rather than jihad and calling for the destruction of Israel.

I admire your optimism. Have there been any polls since the terrorist attacks? It feels a bit too soon for pollsters to be calling people up for opinions and, even if they did, I’d be surprised if they reflect a softer approach, you’d typically expect people to move to a hardline while angry which would surely suit Netanyahu.

It would take a seismic shift in both Israel and Palestine attitudes before recent events, and it’s hard to see the last two weeks having brought that even closer. Peace requires both sides.

All that said I think the vast majority of planet earth, myself included, would be far happier if your post came to fruition rather than mine.

I admire your optimism. Have there been any polls since the terrorist attacks? It feels a bit too soon for pollsters to be calling people up for opinions and, even if they did, I’d be surprised if they reflect a softer approach, you’d typically expect people to move to a hardline while angry which would surely suit Netanyahu.

It would take a seismic shift in both Israel and Palestine attitudes before recent events, and it’s hard to see the last two weeks having brought that even closer. Peace requires both sides.

All that said I think the vast majority of planet earth, myself included, would be far happier if your post came to fruition rather than mine.
It’s what I hope will happen. I’m not optimistic.

Regarding polls, someone posted one a day or two ago showing unfavourability exceeding 80%. Hopefully he’s toast so it will all be down to his successor whoever it is.

Even though it’s on the record that Sunak will be pressing for humanitarian aid in to Gaza. Why make shit up?
The UK didn't vote for a ceasefire and to let humanatarian aid in. That in my eyes is stopping One Million children get the supplies they need.

On another note you haven't heeded your own advice when you said you'd never engage with me again in one of your many pm messages. Think on!

The press conference and much other film of covered bodies was on both BBC and c4 news.
Unfortunately I'm currently in Italy, and haven't seen a news bulletin (in English) since last Thursday (not missing it either).

Most of the news I've picked up has been on here or via the internet, I've seen a couple of Italian news bulletins on TV, but couldn't offer the context of what they're saying.

Did you know that we sell more weaponry to the Middle East than any other region of the world? It is no wonder that we voted against a ceasefire!
We didn't vote against, we abstained, as is our (countries) right, and it wasn't just about a "ceasfire" it was a whole lot of other stuff as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.