Middle East Conflict

It's a good post and you may well be right. I think most of us just want an end to this never ending cycle of violence. I cannot see how you can do that without reasonable people making reasonable compromises.
You are right, you cannot.

For a balanced discussion, do you think the current extremist Israel government should also be removed along with Hamas ? As their acts are much worse ? And how do you bring a more moderate government in Israel to negotiate with a supposed more moderate Palestine government?
The current Israeli government certainly needs to be removed and if the polls are anything to go by, they will be removed at the next election. Now that his promises of security through suppression of Palestinian aspirations and through fear of terrorism have been shown to be totally discredited, the electorate will surely get rid and elect a government with some totally different ideas.

Hopefully in parallel the Palestinian people will realise that Hamas have brought them nothing but suffering and have given the current Israeli government the excuse they need to act the way they do, and they will somehow take advantage of their weakness once the IDF have finished with them and will also elect a government that aims to help their aspirations through negotiation rather than jihad and calling for the destruction of Israel.

For a balanced discussion, do you think the current extremist Israel government should also be removed along with Hamas ? As their acts are much worse ? And how do you bring a more moderate government in Israel to negotiate with a supposed more moderate Palestine government?
Yep, you are right. Hamas and Netanyahu both being removed would be perfect. My understanding is Netanyahu is polling lower than the tories so is pretty much toast. The Israelis would be able to vote in a more moderate government based on tried and tested democratic methods surely?

Yep, you are right. Hamas and Netanyahu both being removed would be perfect. My understanding is Netanyahu is polling lower than the tories so is pretty much toast. The Israelis would be able to vote in a more moderate government based on tried and tested democratic methods surely?
Trouble is the Israel’s can vote for a change of government, try to remove Hamas you’re
likely to end up six feet under. This is a never ending rinse and repeat.

The problem is Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon do not want millions of poverty stricken radicalised people living in their countries.
Lebanon have already paid a heavy price in this situation, the other countries look at this.

Maybe if they had adsorbed the refugees into their own populations after telling them to leave Israel instead of just abandoning them to be used as a political pawn, and stick to beat the Israelies there wouldn't be this huge intractible problem.

How do you think they should respond? I’m just interested in people stating one opinion but not giving an answer

How should Israel respond to the Black Saturday attacks?
I gave one last week and it was pooh-pooh'd by the Israeliphobes. We could always go down the Hamas route; rape and kill every single Israeli civilian, bomb every Israeli military institution, burn every synagogue to cinders, push the Israelis out of the region and rename the whole territory Palestine. Because thats what they mean.

I'd like to hear more from those who hate Israel to give their solutions about how Israel should respond.

Trouble is the Israel’s can vote for a change of government, try to remove Hamas you’re
likely to end up six feet under. This is a never ending rinse and repeat.
People on both sides fo the debate tend to forget that Hamas were 'voted' in 16 years ago and there's been no election since.

Sunak over there for 2 days. Amy coincidence he chose these 2 days when there are 2 by elections on which they could well lose?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.