Midweek Premiership games

This PL prediction's a piece o' piss. Just see who's above or below you in the table, then change your mind as each game's played.

Simples.

super_city_si said:
supercrystal7 said:
Ducado said:
it was against Fulham mate!

Teams fighting to survive at the end of the season are never easy. The results today was the key not the opposition. They will now have the rest to play their high intensity pressing game for the remaining fixtures. The title could come down to the most rested team.
I think thats a fallacy. Teams around the bottom are there for a reason. They arent as good as the teams above them. Rarely does a relegation threatened team turn its form around.

You saw it today with Fulham. Wigan have done it several times. I am not saying that the top teams should not beat them, but they will be a lot harder than say Newcastle. Near the end of the season a lot of teams often have nothing to play for. Teams at the bottom will fight for their lives.

As for Liverpool the first time Dortmund won the league they pretty much pulled a Liverpool.

Liverpool have been very good/exciting to watch this season, I think (like the vast majority) that they will ultimately fall short but they have only scored 2 less than us... and like City, tend to concede every game. Certainly a fun team to watch under Rodgers, and with two bang in form strikers anything can happen.

Barely anything separating the top 4 (with Spurs doing well to keep up in a fight to get CL). What an amazing season its been so far.

supercrystal7 said:
super_city_si said:
supercrystal7 said:
Teams fighting to survive at the end of the season are never easy. The results today was the key not the opposition. They will now have the rest to play their high intensity pressing game for the remaining fixtures. The title could come down to the most rested team.
I think thats a fallacy. Teams around the bottom are there for a reason. They arent as good as the teams above them. Rarely does a relegation threatened team turn its form around.

You saw it today with Fulham. Wigan have done it several times. I am not saying that the top teams should not beat them, but they will be a lot harder than say Newcastle. Near the end of the season a lot of teams often have nothing to play for. Teams at the bottom will fight for their lives.

As for Liverpool the first time Dortmund won the league they pretty much pulled a Liverpool.

A lot depends on who we decide are the weaker teams. If it carries on the way it has done there's gonna be a lot of teams who'll be playing to maintain a higher position in the league, as a few points could mean a big slide either way. At present there's only 8 points separating the bottom 11 teams.

steviemc said:
supercrystal7 said:
super_city_si said:

A lot depends on who we decide are the weaker teams. If it carries on the way it has done there's gonna be a lot of teams who'll be playing to maintain a higher position in the league, as a few points could mean a big slide either way. At present there's only 8 points separating the bottom 11 teams.

This is what makes it more difficult than usual. Southampton and Newcastle apart all the other teams have something to fight for. Newcastle is now an easier fixture than Palace.

More important than anything else is going to be Europe. I think Tottenham may give up the Europa League so it won't effect them much, but it will effect the top three. The bottom teams can now give players a sufficient rest. If you just play Barca away on the Wednesday, then it's going to be very difficult to beat someone on the Saturday.

8OJTDBS.gif

Kolo celebrates after scoring

Gaylord du Bois said:
Piss funny watching Kolo on motd. Own goal then wipes the ref out.
Yeh not a good day for him.

Suarez has not scored many recently, but has been very unlucky. Everything he hits now seems to hit the post or just go wide. Will be interesting to see if he does break the record of 31 goals. He needs 8 goals in 12 games.

Only saw highlights, but I rate Holtby. I think he has what it takes to be a top class central midfielder. The German clubs made a big mistake not signing him in the January, especially as he could play in the CL.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.