Mike Dean death threats.

paulchapo

Apparently he has receive death threats to himself and family on social media. As a result he has asked to be taken off the referee's list for this weekends games.

I wouldn't even lower myself to consider being taken off. Clearly any keyboard warrior issuing threats has no intention whatsoever to carry them through. Clearly still lives at home with mummy.

I think he was overdue a rest and he's had two red cards in a week so this was a good time to take him out of the spotlight whilst also highlighting what kind of abuse referees get.

I wouldn't idly write off a death threat as some "keyboard warrior", Top referees get incredible abuse including threats and wishing harm on them and their families every week- for them to take it to the police and make it so public, it might be a more serious or credible threat than a throwaway social media message.

The widespread abuse of referees throughout the game is the main reason why we have such a terrible standard of refereeing. It's one thing to be a Premier League, but who's going to volunteer to receive this sort of abuse in Sunday league or kids' football? And the fewer people do it, the fewer they have to choose from in the professional game.

The widespread abuse of referees throughout the game is the main reason why we have such a terrible standard of refereeing. It's one thing to be a Premier League, but who's going to volunteer to receive this sort of abuse in Sunday league or kids' football? And the fewer people do it, the fewer they have to choose from in the professional game.
Someone will design an app thingy and hook it up to CCTV and a statelite, a computor will do the rest and deliveroo will hand out the cards.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.