Mike Doyle tribute ?

wearethesouthstand

2011 spirit of young. 2014 spirit of doyle ?

Doyley never got the minutes applause at the 2012 community shield or at the first home game that season

He was for so long the last City captain to hold up a trophy - the 76 league cup

Any thoughts on a chant of 'one mike doyle' after 4 minutes (his shirt number) or on 76 ?

Maybe the club could get on board and give it some publicity ?

Thoughts ?

Thoroughly agree.<br /><br />-- Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:59 pm --<br /><br />Thoroughly agree.

The first City chant I can remember is MI....MIC....MICK....MiCK DOYLE

He always had the right view of the Rags and I recall seeing him near the Kippax entrance, towards the Platt Lane Stand, in a derby match with his neck muscles taught, itching to get at them!

I fans tribute is entirely appropriate as soon as possible...

Whole point is to show wider world City fans don't forget the important people from our history. Having his name sung out at wembley. He would love that surely

Grew up chanting 'One Micky Doyle'. As with Neil Young, he must NEVER be forgotten. A true legend who if he cut himself bled sky blue.

Have dropped a mail to a contact at the club so fingers crossed they will take note. As ever it's up to us blues to take the initiative and spread word of chanting 'there's only one mike doyle' on 4 minutes

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.