Mike Doyle

Defo goes to games. I've also seen him on CB Level 1. If you've ever met him or read his book you'll understand that he's probably not Ambassador material. He speaks his mind and uses naughty words.

I was working with Mike for a company called "Classic House" a company that sold golf equipment (he is a single figure golf handicapper at Aashton under lyne). I left about 9 years ago but loved many many conversations and not one on work, can honestly say he hates the rags as much as any of us fans ;)

Ash Blue said:
as far as I know he still lives in my home town of Ashton and is City through and through, He doesn't seem to be in the same click as Franny , Summerbee and Bell though and isn't at the ground as often nowadays , shame because he was one of the best captains I can recall

Franny and The King are def NOT in a clique together......................Mike Doyle was as tough as teak - no one took liberties with Mr.Doyle.

Trigger said:
I was working with Mike for a company called "Classic House" a company that sold golf equipment (he is a single figure golf handicapper at Aashton under lyne). I left about 9 years ago but loved many many conversations and not one on work, can honestly say he hates the rags as much as any of us fans ;)

I met him in Spain a few years ago, I went over to him and shook his hand and said nice to meet some one who hates united as much as me. His reply was "I couldn't care less anymore" then went back to drinking. I hope he has got over the problem.

Always remember an interview years ago with Peter Barnes and him saying he used to dislike playing towards the North stand first half if he'd not played well, he said as he was furthest away from the tunnel he knew Mike would be waiting for him and genuinely crapped himself going back knowing he was probably waiting, proper City legend Doyle was.

Anyone calling Mike Doyle just an ok player had obviously not seen him play. He was a stalwart of the 60s team, when he was operating behind just two midfield players, and if he was playing today alongside his 70s partner, Dave Watson, it would easily be the best centre back pairing in the Premiership. Added to this he was a true motivational captain and hated United with every cell in his body. Wish he could have played another 5 years for City, we probably would not have gone down.

Mike Doyle dispersing rags like detergent in oil... @ 8:23

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVPfd8UurkQ[/youtube]

Legend<br /><br />-- Mon May 30, 2011 11:19 pm --<br /><br />PS: Look out for his (and Glyn Pardoe's) grandson coming through the academy, currently under 9's IIRC

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.