Mike Doyle

He was our manager at a Football Aid game at COMS a couple of years ago.
I asked him to reenact his well documented moment of throwing a newspaper down the aisle of a plane and shout "I fucking hate those bastards"

He just had a huge grin on his face as I asked him

As one or two have said on here Mike Doyle was a member of Ashton-under-Lyne Golf Club (I too was a member there), he was a 1 handicap player and very competitive. However he's not a playing member anymore due to ill health. I can tell you all though he still loves his football, I remember his enthusiasm for the game, even getting up early in the morning to watch Australia in a World Cup play off game.

Mike's departure from Ashton was hastened when his daughter Natilie twatted one of the Lady members at Mikes Grand Daughters (Natilies daughter) Christening, the Committe barred Mike by proxy and I don't think he ever went back. Also in his book he tells of the Wife of the Captain giving him a blow job at a function at the Golf Club, I know the girl in question and he's a lucky lad!

As Ash says Mike still lives in Ashton but sadly his diabetes means he is not that well, mind you he could sink a good few pints in his day and smoked like a chimney! He got done for Drink Driving a few years ago (got bubbled by a Copper who played golf at Ashton) which I think ended his work career, he had been a rep for Slazenger at one stage and had been involved with a Sports Insurance Company.

What a legend though, would be worth about £40m in todays market, tough as old boots, and as uncompromising as they come.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.