Mike Riley

Status
Not open for further replies.
lust overlord said:
JohnMaddocksAxe said:
Uber Blue said:
What's the referee saying to the player he just given a red to, or aren't you allowed to tell us?

If it were several other sports you'd hear it on the TV yourself.

As it is people like Riley and others in influence in football are doing their best to make sure that it never happens in football.

For one reason and one reason only, football would instantly become the most embarrassing farce in world sport and the weak and easily influenced nature of referees would be there, coming through the speakers, for all to see.

The pleading with players to stop being dirty, the difference in attitudes when communicating with different players, the abuse that they will generally allow to be spouted at them and constantly undermine them, the influence that players have on them when 'claiming' for things.

It would be a farce. Because English football officiating is a farce. Microphones would leave nowhere for them to go when they deny it in public or at meetings like this.

Great points again.If the FA had any balls at all they could roll the microphoned refs out slowly.A select few games as a trial using their best most "respected" officials like Mr Webb.

What with the way the players speak on the pitch
Ofcom would have cancelled live football within 2 weeks

johnmc said:
3. As far as I could tell it was the request of Mike Riley. If it was the club as well that asked this then again fair enough I missed that and it is different. I just couldnt see why there was such a loyalty to Mike Rileys request.

Here you go:

de niro said:
for my part i am adhering to the confidentiality request because an officer of our club was there and encouraged the request, that's good enough for me, i don't want to let mcfc down and yes we (city fans) want to be asked back.

SWP's back said:
johnmc said:
3. As far as I could tell it was the request of Mike Riley. If it was the club as well that asked this then again fair enough I missed that and it is different. I just couldnt see why there was such a loyalty to Mike Rileys request.

Here you go:

de niro said:
for my part i am adhering to the confidentiality request because an officer of our club was there and encouraged the request, that's good enough for me, i don't want to let mcfc down and yes we (city fans) want to be asked back.

Right, fine. I missed this. I was wrong again, as per. Thread over, life ended.

johnmc said:
Matty said:
johnmc said:
Oh look, we are so much cleverer, me and you, lets try and be funny

I don't really get the problem:-

1 - A thread was started telling people about a meeting with Mike Riley, with the intention of passing on all information gathered at said meeting.

2 - The meeting took place, at which attendees were requested not to divulge what was said.

3 - Those who attended the meeting have abided by the wishes of Mike Riley/Manchester City/whoever was responsible for the request.

4 - PB has posted on this thread an explanation as to why he will not be providing the information he'd previously indicated he would, specifically the aforementioned request for non-disclosure.

It's really that simple. You may question why one of the attendees hasn't ignored the request, after all it wasn't legally binding, but those who were at the meeting have obviously made the decision to do as requested. Maybe it's a moral decision? Maybe it's in the hope that further meetings/information will be divulged if previous requests have been adhered to? Who knows, but whatever the reason it is what it is.

1. Fair enough

2. Fair enough

4. Yes I understand PB's explanation. However, if someone who attended PM'd someone who wasnt there and told them to put it up, there would be no way the person could be tracked. I doubt Mike is reading this waiting to see if his wishes are granted.

And I will add, just say Mike Riley said there was corruption in the game against City and all refs are trying to stop us win the league, but that info was only betwen these 4 walls, would his request still be granted?

3. It was the request of the club & one of the guests who works for one of the PL/FA(one of them) and it's because it's a trial and they hope to go around more clubs and roll out a proper format to do this on a more regular basis and there was some opinions/stuff said that if a mate or a family member asked you to keep quiet you would.

johnmc said:
SWP's back said:
johnmc said:

Here you go:

de niro said:

Right, fine. I missed this. I was wrong again, as per. Thread over, life ended.
[bigimg]http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2011/021/6/e/free_hug_lego_2_by_jrodriguez23-d37qqkw.jpg[/bigimg]

BoyBlue_1985 said:
lust overlord said:
JohnMaddocksAxe said:
If it were several other sports you'd hear it on the TV yourself.

As it is people like Riley and others in influence in football are doing their best to make sure that it never happens in football.

For one reason and one reason only, football would instantly become the most embarrassing farce in world sport and the weak and easily influenced nature of referees would be there, coming through the speakers, for all to see.

The pleading with players to stop being dirty, the difference in attitudes when communicating with different players, the abuse that they will generally allow to be spouted at them and constantly undermine them, the influence that players have on them when 'claiming' for things.

It would be a farce. Because English football officiating is a farce. Microphones would leave nowhere for them to go when they deny it in public or at meetings like this.

Great points again.If the FA had any balls at all they could roll the microphoned refs out slowly.A select few games as a trial using their best most "respected" officials like Mr Webb.

What with the way the players speak on the pitch
Ofcom would have cancelled live football within 2 weeks

You're right.

And you know what, perversely that is attempted to be turned into a positive reason for not allowing it.

You see, those desperate to avoid it try to make out that football is somehow unique in sport in the passion it engenders amongst participants. Part of their argument is that such passion is so uncontrollable that foul language and vicious argument about the referee's decision (or telling him what to do) is uncontrollable and it would be idiotic to think that you could.

Therefore, the argument goes, because football is such a passionate game and because it is such a man's game, where men should be allowed to speak like men, it is unreasonable to expect footballers to behave themselves and referees to ensure that they have complete control and are respected.

I would love one of these cunts to have the balls to tell Adrian Morley or Sonny Bill Williams that they have no comparable passion for their sport and are not 'real men' or 'winners' because they manage to allow the officials to referee the games fairly and without all the bullshit involved in football

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.