Mike Summerbee you are legend

Blue2112 said:
I started supporting City when I was 6 and I'm now 45 and so for the past 39 years Ive heard nothing but Rags, ex-rags and so called neutral reporters bang on about anything and everything glorious eminating from the streets of Trafford as well as having their snide little digs at us. Zoe Ball, Mickey Thomas, Paddy Crerand, Angus Deayton et al...If that wasn't bad enough we used to have the likes of Jimmy Wagg referring to them as 'Big Red' and now lets go over to 'The Theatre of Dreams' for a match report. I remember one particular evening when myself and BTH took Wagg to task over his sycophantic United references only to be told 'I work for the BBC and so I have to do it'. No you didn't Jimmy.On another evening I heard Mike Doyle tell a story that on the flight back from Vienna after winning the UEFA cup he turned to the reporters on the plane and said 'finally you can't ignore us now and you'll have to put us on the back pages' only to find out the following morning they had run a nothing story on the rags on the back and we were inside.

Anyway back to Summerbee and before the game I told my eldest daughter at last we'll have someone fighting our corner who won't just sit down and take it up the arse. Buzzer you were my dad's favourite player and I for one was proud as fuck to hear you stick up for the Blues. So what if people think you were bitter, who gives a fuck about their opinions they'd no doubt think that about all Blues anyway. I for one could'nt give a flying fuck what any outsiders think, they don't live with the shite everyday.

I quite like Mickey Thomas if I'm being honest.

TheBigLad said:
Blue2112 said:
I started supporting City when I was 6 and I'm now 45 and so for the past 39 years Ive heard nothing but Rags, ex-rags and so called neutral reporters bang on about anything and everything glorious eminating from the streets of Trafford as well as having their snide little digs at us. Zoe Ball, Mickey Thomas, Paddy Crerand, Angus Deayton et al...If that wasn't bad enough we used to have the likes of Jimmy Wagg referring to them as 'Big Red' and now lets go over to 'The Theatre of Dreams' for a match report. I remember one particular evening when myself and BTH took Wagg to task over his sycophantic United references only to be told 'I work for the BBC and so I have to do it'. No you didn't Jimmy.On another evening I heard Mike Doyle tell a story that on the flight back from Vienna after winning the UEFA cup he turned to the reporters on the plane and said 'finally you can't ignore us now and you'll have to put us on the back pages' only to find out the following morning they had run a nothing story on the rags on the back and we were inside.

Anyway back to Summerbee and before the game I told my eldest daughter at last we'll have someone fighting our corner who won't just sit down and take it up the arse. Buzzer you were my dad's favourite player and I for one was proud as fuck to hear you stick up for the Blues. So what if people think you were bitter, who gives a fuck about their opinions they'd no doubt think that about all Blues anyway. I for one could'nt give a flying fuck what any outsiders think, they don't live with the shite everyday.

I quite like Mickey Thomas if I'm being honest.
He's the only one i've heard that's admitted denis law relegated utd.

LoveCity said:
Crerand is the lowest form of life, no surprise.

Remember his radio hissy fit when Rooney was bending the club over?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RChx5GBwHO4[/youtube]

Fuckin brilliant.

"All these United people their great when their collecting their trophies, but when the boot is on the other foot what do they do? hang up the phone"

This interviewer has got to be a blue.

First time I've listened to what Mike said, and my impression was he knew very well he may only have one opportunity, to get the message out to the watching millions, so went for it. "He's a legend"

Hey guys,

I know this is random but I can't yet start a thread.

Would any blues mind checking out my blog?! It's my first post today and I would like to get people the opinion of people I like/trust, city fans basically, before I promote it to any other fans.

The first post is entitled 'Manchester Derby, spitting & goodbye to a legend' and can be found at http://www.thesportguru.co.uk

If you like the article please leave me a comment or, better yet, plug it for me in a new topic on here!

Cheers blues, dont be too brutal!

TSG

buzzer1 said:
LoveCity said:

This piece of fkin excrement just epitomises rags, i detest this bstard above anyother, followed by and coming up on the rails is Irani, what a wankstain.
Yes that irani is a twat,moves to london giving it the big i am he was just a shit cricketer who did fuckall for england,would love to see him lose is slot on talkshite the shithouse!

Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot said:
LoveCity said:

Fuckin brilliant.

"All these United people their great when their collecting their trophies, but when the boot is on the other foot what do they do? hang up the phone"

He's just honest.
ronnie irony said shreks goal was the goal of the century,indeed,another clown.

bluemanc said:
Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot said:
Fuckin brilliant.

He's just honest.
ronnie irony said shreks goal was the goal of the century,indeed,another clown.

Its just a refreshing change United getting shit on radio, normally when someone slates United to their faces I automatically assume their blue as no-one else has the stones to do it.

From what I've read on this thread thought the guy giving the interview is a bit of a twat anyway, never really listened to him before this clip tbh.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.