Mike the security guard

This is terrible ! Ive known Mike for years and he was the Head security on the door at Maine Road for years. When we moved to COMS he was told that his appearance did not fit with the new image of the club because he had a few visible tattoos on his hands and he was moved over to Carrington.

He recently had his 65th birthday and all the players got him some great gifts and he got a signed framed shirt from all the players and staff. You could not meet a nicer bloke and he is City through and through.

Ive been to his house loads of times and he has a framed letter on his wall from Garry Cook recognising his 20 plus years service for City. He even has the old city astro turf crest from the tunnel from Maine Road in his back garden !!

This is disgusting and the club need to do something,

Mike is part of the fabric of the "Real Man City" and I know for a fact that he lives for his job. He will be devastated.

As a group on Bluemoon we should be able to do something for Mike, some sort of petition etc. If someone on here knows how to get something moving on this then it has my 100% support.

Its bollocks that Mike would have done anything worthy of a sacking, he wanted to carry on working beyond 65 and its obvious that this is a set up in my opinion to move him on.

I am totally disgusted by this.
Why would they need an excuse to move him on after retirement age?
They could just ask him to leave on his 65th birthday.
Edit: I didn't think to look at the date of the thread either.

Why would they need an excuse to move him on after retirement age?
They could just ask him to leave on his 65th birthday.
Edit: I didn't think to look at the date of the thread either.

You cannot force anyone to retire on the grounds of their age anymore.

Oh, ok.
Didn't know that.
Thanks.

I am not sure how long that has been law but it is at least seven years, maybe more. I know because a company I worked for tried to get rid of a problematic woman when she reached 65. She took them to a tribunal because the company weren't aware the law had changed. She won and stayed until she was 72.

I am not sure how long that has been law but it is at least seven years, maybe more. I know because a company I worked for tried to get rid of a problematic woman when she reached 65. She took them to a tribunal because the company weren't aware the law had changed. She won and stayed until she was 72.

Don't tell Danny Mills

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.