Mikel Arteta

It does seem like a decent enough chunk of our players’ development is down to Arteta’s work. He’s going to be a big loss, hopefully we don’t lose too many more of the backroom team that might go with him. Arsenal will do well with him.
Hopefully the fact that most of the back room staff have been with Pep a long time means they will stay. It would be a risk for Arsenal, appointing an untried coach. Even Pep had coached the Barcelona second team before he broke through. It would be sad to see him go as he seems to have forged a great partnership with Pep and would offer the opportunity for a seamless transition when he decides to go.

Big loss I think. Hope we can replace him with someone else equally as astute and tactically minded. What's Xavi up to these days?

You can not stand in the way of somebody who has ambitions to be a PL manager, so good luck to him if he takes the job.

I am sure that Pep will have other coaches or ex-players who can step into the job and learn from the master.

The worry is just how many other of the current staff might follow Arteta to London?

Arteta's individual work with the players should be easy enough to replicate. He's doing a good job, but it's basically doing a good job carrying out exactly the tasks Pep has asked him to do.

The question would be what Arteta's imput to the coach is, after these tasks are completed & how much we will miss that side of it.

I am not sure Arsenal will give him this job, but if they do, it's potentially ideal for us, to find out if he's good enough to one day take over from Pep.

Pep really seems to trust and get on with arteta and I wonder if we have tried to say to him that stay for another 3 years here, learn from pep and then maybe take over at city for the long term? Training and playing philosophy stays the same and we get a young well coached manager with the same ethos as pep? I just don’t see vieira making it at the very top

I never knew arteta was our no2 I thought he was way down the pecking order

Who’s the dude who always sits talking to pep on the bench then ?

I have no idea whether he’s No 1 material at this stage for a club of Arsenal’s stature - or whether they would take the chance. Quite possibly not.

If he does go, it’s highly unlikely City would let him poach a load of our coaching staff. The club may have given him their blessing but aren’t a load of soft arses who shoot themselves in the foot. If he leaves, I’d expect it to be on gentlemanly terms from both sides.

I never knew arteta was our no2 I thought he was way down the pecking order

Who’s the dude who always sits talking to pep on the bench then ?

Domenec Torrent is Pep's number 2. Arteta is number 3. DT has been with Pep since he coached Barcelona B.

The bookies make him clear favourites to take the Arsenal job. There have also been a number of rumours doing the rounds that Arsenal will appoint him in the coming days/weeks. I have this funny feeling that he'd do a good job for Arsenal. Most of their fans seem to be against his appointment, which is odd because everyone else seems to be turning them down. It's going to be a very tough job for whoever takes it. He does seem to have had a much greater influence on this squad than I thought he would. Several times this season we have seen Pep turn to celebrate specifically with him after a set piece or tactical switch has paid off. I hope he stays, but I fear that the allure of going straight into managing a big club will be too great to resist.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.