Milan Skriniar

Agreed not sure on most the players mentioned.but im certain koulibaly is top notch so we have to try to sign him otherwise our defence wont get any better with sub standard defenders.

Didn’t I read that Koulibaly’s release clause is £127m. I do wonder if we have a decent scouting network if we can’t find a quality CB partner for Laporte for less than that. How much would the lad at Benfica cost? Think we need a couple of CB’s so not sure we can afford £100m plus on one. Moreover, not thrilled by the prospect of negotiating with that maniac at Napoli again.

Maybe we should go for De Vrij over Skriniar? Every Serie A and Inter fan says he's the best defender in the league this season, and better than Skriniar. He would certainly demand a lower fee than Skriniar given that he's not that hyped and a bit older.

He's only 1 year younger than Koulibaly and VVD. So if we're hoping for Eric Garcia and Harwood-Bellis to break in to our main squad, it would make sense to buy someone like De Vrij for short term success

Didn’t I read that Koulibaly’s release clause is £127m. I do wonder if we have a decent scouting network if we can’t find a quality CB partner for Laporte for less than that. How much would the lad at Benfica cost? Think we need a couple of CB’s so not sure we can afford £100m plus on one. Moreover, not thrilled by the prospect of negotiating with that maniac at Napoli again.
Diaz has an £80m release clause and is only 22.

Not sure if it has been mentioned but Skriniar has been played as a LCB for just About every of Inter's games this season. Reason why he seems so and so. Still a beast!
As Much as I like Koulibaly I just can't See us buying him unless he's coming free.. club policy seems to be that we Don't spend big money in players in their late 20's...

Not sure if it has been mentioned but Skriniar has been played as a LCB for just About every of Inter's games this season. Reason why he seems so and so. Still a beast!
As Much as I like Koulibaly I just can't See us buying him unless he's coming free.. club policy seems to be that we Don't spend big money in players in their late 20's...
Not true! Bastoni (a very big talent) has benched Godin for a while now. Bastoni being left footed has meant that Skriniar has played on the right side of the back three. He's also 25 which is literally in the middle of his 20's

Skriniar is probably my favourite defender in the Serie A to watch given his aggressive playstyle but I think it would make more sense to buy Koulibaly or De Vrij instead. They fit our playstyle better, are better, and would be easier to obtain. If Napoli don't win the Coppa Italia they won't play in europe next season and Koulibaly may want to leave + Napoli will have less money due to missing CL. De Vrij would be easier to buy than Skriniar given that he's older and less hyped

I'd argue Romagnoli and Chiellini are better than Skriniar too but both are left footed and Chiellini is 2 years older than Vinny

Have DeVrij or Konate been linked at all?
Nope. Konate has been injured for a while but is expected to be back next month, if he continues where he left off I can see us wanting him in the summer.

De Vrij is a bit old but would be a sensible buy given that he's a world class defender who's been flying under the radar given that he's not flashy. I think Inter could let him go for maybe 30m given his age, that they got him on a free, and that they have great depth at CB. Without De Vrij they could line up with Bastoni, Skriniar, Godin which is a great back three.

If our board rate Eric Garcia and Harwood Bellis as two CB's that will be first team quality in the future I can see us going for De Vrij as he'll decline about the same time Garcia and Harwood Bellis should bd ready. Otherwise we'll probably go for someone like Upamecano/Konate/Dias

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.