Millwall fan gets a smack

Colin_Bell said:
Typical fucking old bill abusing there power and I noticed how he chose to punch the smallest and youngest looking lad there.

Fucking bully who should be arrested himself and it would be a very different thread on here if that was a young City fan getting a slap.

Those were my thoughts too. The police man wanted a bit of aggro me thinks.

Some of you need to get a grip.

There were a large number of Milwall fans, all fuelled up more than likely, with a reputation for violence. Looking to cause trouble, advancing towards the cops.

One cop pushes him away with his hand twice to the boys face, and THE COP IS IN THE WRONG???? Aye, they should just stand there and take it. Get real, he should have hit him harder.

I'll tell you right now, as a fireman, we work alongside the police a lot, and I wouldn't trade jobs with them for any money. At a tough crowd scene, like a booze up with a fight or two, they have to keep things clear so we can do our job. Every beer fuelled idiot wants a piece of them to show the crowd how tough they are.
I have no doubt that the police are taught to react hard when they get verbally threatened, which probably happened here.
If they dont react, the crowd smells blood and comes in harder.
It might not be the perfect thing to do, smacking some kid in the head for beaking off, but I think the guy had to given the situation.

Handbags really, I see it more of a push in the face than a punch. The yob could have easily been arrested so can count himself lucky

Blimey is that the Millwall firm these days?!!

If you are going to act all hard and hurl abuse at a copper then I think the copper has every right to give you a good smack. Hardly an innocent bystander.

Infact, this thread is a bit cringeworthy. I'll spell it out in simple terms.

A Yorkshire police officer is told to work at a Huddersfield vs Millwall footbal match, in the Millwall end. The police officer probably knows that Millwall fans have a shocking reputation for violence and disorder.

The Millwall fans are likely to have been drinking heavily throughout the day, and at the end of the game have become aggressive with both Huddersfield fans and the police.

At the start of the clip, you see the officer shoving the bloke away lightly, basically warning him to stay back. The officer does not know this bloke, and does not know what risk he carries, is he known to sneak weapons into football matches? Who knows?

Anyway, the bloke advances towards the officer to within 6inches of his face. He is (I think we can all agree) shouting in his face, probably swearing and basically just acting in an aggressive manner. The cop's options at this time are:

1- Stand there and take it. Try warning him probably for the 100th time to get back from his face. Wait and see if the guy becomes violent, bearing in mind the officer is facing backwards in the middle of a set of stairs. Why should the cop wait to be "hit" first? That's not their job.

2- CS Spray - this will only ignite the situation, and not a good idea to use it inside a football stadium. Plus, the situation is taking place on the stairwell so it's not a good idea to blind folk is it?

3- A baton strike - Probably seen as a bit heavy handed, and will cause the Millwall "fans" to stick up for their mate and again ignite the situation.

4- A open hand firm push to the face. The guys already been warned and been pushed back lightly. He's becoming more and more aggressive advancing towards the cop, an open hand push to the face lets him know that the cops don't have to put up with that shit, at the same time forcing the guy away from the officer.

Result = The guys mates hold him back. The cop is now at a safe distance from the aggressive "fan", nobody's blinded by CS or badly injured by a baton.

Verdict = Correct option. Safety ensured, the cop was well within his rights to do what he did. He's a human, not a ninja or a football hooligan control expert.

Some of these "what did the Millwall fan actually do" and "police bullying" comments are laughable, for god sake take of your anti police specs and watch the video. Would you put up with a guy getting right into your face, shouting and swearing at you? No you wouldn't.

did poor little johnny get a push in the face bless him, no doubt his mum will tell us he is a lovely lad and was an innocent bystander who was on his way to church, expect sueing of police to commence and a picture of the knob in the notw with a sad look on his face

ayrshire_blue said:

A Yorkshire police officer is told to work at a Huddersfield vs Millwall footbal match, in the Millwall end. The police officer probably knows that Millwall fans have a shocking reputation for violence and disorder.

The Millwall fans are likely to have been drinking heavily throughout the day, and at the end of the game have become aggressive with both Huddersfield fans and the police.

At the start of the clip, you see the officer shoving the bloke away lightly, basically warning him to stay back. The officer does not know this bloke, and does not know what risk he carries, is he known to sneak weapons into football matches? Who knows?

Anyway, the bloke advances towards the officer to within 6inches of his face. He is (I think we can all agree) shouting in his face, probably swearing and basically just acting in an aggressive manner. The cop's options at this time are:

1- Stand there and take it. Try warning him probably for the 100th time to get back from his face. Wait and see if the guy becomes violent, bearing in mind the officer is facing backwards in the middle of a set of stairs. Why should the cop wait to be "hit" first? That's not their job.

2- CS Spray - this will only ignite the situation, and not a good idea to use it inside a football stadium. Plus, the situation is taking place on the stairwell so it's not a good idea to blind folk is it?

3- A baton strike - Probably seen as a bit heavy handed, and will cause the Millwall "fans" to stick up for their mate and again ignite the situation.

4- A open hand firm push to the face. The guys already been warned and been pushed back lightly. He's becoming more and more aggressive advancing towards the cop, an open hand push to the face lets him know that the cops don't have to put up with that shit, at the same time forcing the guy away from the officer.

Result = The guys mates hold him back. The cop is now at a safe distance from the aggressive "fan", nobody's blinded by CS or badly injured by a baton.

Verdict = Correct option. Safety ensured, the cop was well within his rights to do what he did. He's a human, not a ninja or a football hooligan control expert.

Some of these "what did the Millwall fan actually do" and "police bullying" comments are laughable, for god sake take of your anti police specs and watch the video. Would you put up with a guy getting right into your face, shouting and swearing at you? No you wouldn't.

You could not have constructed that argument any better. People here screaming police brutality have no idea what they are talking about. I would like to see someone try and counter that instead of just screaming "Fascist Pigs!".

HongKongBluey said:
ayrshire_blue said:

You could not have constructed that argument any better. People here screaming police brutality have no idea what they are talking about.

Agreed - well said AB, i dont condone police violence and believe me i have witnessed it first hand following City all over the country, but the cop simply pushed the little tw*t away, albeit in the face and he fell over twice like he had been hit by Lennox Lewis! Was he expecting a reasonable debate with the cop, given the circumstances???

The little kid had it coming as far as i am concerned, i grew up in an era where we were feared of the police and as much respected them, i would certainly never have provoked a copper, there's only one option and it aint a good one!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.