milner can join

I like Milner as a player and would love to see him at the club, I do however have 2 major reservations about this signing:

1. The price. If we pay 30 million for him we are mugs, luckily it seem the club are trying to play hardball on this though which is good.

2. If his signing means the end of Ireland. Milner is a good player but he is not the creative type player that Ireland is. I fear that if we end up singing Milner and getting rid of Ireland we are leaving ourselves open to the exact same problem that ruined last season. Selling Elano meant we were completely reliant on Ireland for creativity and he then went on to have a terrible season, selling Ireland would mean we are completely reliant on Silva who is still unproven in the prem and could easily get injured.

Well he is off on tour with Villa according to SkySports

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6280388,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 88,00.html</a>

depps said:
I like Milner as a player and would love to see him at the club, I do however have 2 major reservations about this signing:

1. The price. If we pay 30 million for him we are mugs, luckily it seem the club are trying to play hardball on this though which is good.

2. If his signing means the end of Ireland. Milner is a good player but he is not the creative type player that Ireland is. I fear that if we end up singing Milner and getting rid of Ireland we are leaving ourselves open to the exact same problem that ruined last season. Selling Elano meant we were completely reliant on Ireland for creativity and he then went on to have a terrible season, selling Ireland would mean we are completely reliant on Silva who is still unproven in the prem and could easily get injured.
I can understand your point about Milner not really being a creative force. He doesn't have the guile and peripheral vision of someone like David Silva, that's for sure. However, Milner finished 4th/5th in last season's assists table, which suggests that he IS creative, but just not in a fancy-dan kind of way. Nothing wrong with that, imo. You don't have to play reverse balls whilst looking in the opposite direction, or perform fancy flicks, to be creative.

Tricky_Trev said:
depps said:

I can understand your point about Milner not really being a creative force. He doesn't have the guile and peripheral vision of someone like David Silva, that's for sure. However, Milner finished 4th/5th in last season's assists table, which suggests that he IS creative, but just not in a fancy-dan kind of way. Nothing wrong with that, imo. You don't have to play reverse balls whilst looking in the opposite direction, or perform fancy flicks, to be creative.

He actually finished joint top with Lampard and Fabregas on assists in the prem last season.

Plus chipped in with 7 goals which is 7 more than NDJ and 4-5 more than Barry. Also created 64 scoring chances, with are forward line that a very good number

Its because he is English people think he cant be creative

MCFC-OKAY said:
He's not worth 30 million. Not by a long shot. Good player though.

SSN say both clubs are holding out for their ideal price.

Ain't gonna happen then....

Will the pathetic Villa fornicators try and revive their lie about Spurs hijacking the deal. Or has 'Arry put paid to Villa's pretend tug of war for the player, given that he couldn't persuade his chairman to fork out for Joe Cole, who would have been considerably cheaper.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.