Milner [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck with JM good signing possibly the most important signing you have made this summer . Will show some of the prima donnas how to play week in week out and can see it being good for Barry .

Pleased with the deal so no complaints from me .

V MYSTERYMAN said:
Good luck with JM good signing possibly the most important signing you have made this summer . Will show some of the prima donnas how to play week in week out and can see it being good for Barry .

I agree, I think his professionalism, reliability, enthusiasm, adaptability, selfless attitude, and boundless energy will be incredibly important to us.

Villa needed to trim the wages, but also needed a creative spark and a bit of imagination. You can afford a bit of a risk, can afford to persevere with him to get his confidence back.

I also believe Ireland needed a change of scenery and a club where everyone speaks English and there are few big time charlies.

The deal looks awful on paper, I think we've over paid by 6m or so, and lost a talented young player. But underneath the headlines. I think all sides are in a better position than when they started. I'm not sure how losing your manager will play out, however, I wish you good luck with that.

V MYSTERYMAN said:

I agree with you on this, imo Milner I think will be the face of City for years to come, could be our captain in future, hate to make comparisons but I think he could be our Roy Keane (on the pitch only). I really rate this guy, im chuffed to bits he is ours.
On a side note fair play to all Villa fans that have come on here, on the whole they've all been pretty good posters, Everton fans should take note.

10.Goater_Legend said:
keemcfc said:
Ireland & £16 million for Milner:

I will get behind Milner and I'm happy he's here but we should never have spent that much on him, £16m is what he is worth, so that & Ireland means we value milner at at least £25 mill after one good season, wich is stupid when we paid that for Silva who is the same age, better and has been brilliant for many years already.

Get your mother fucking tin hat
The funny thing is that I was actually wearing one yesterday at the coloseum in Rome, I got paid £5 of everyone that was there to buy one (not real lol) and wear it for the whole day, it cost me about £7 and I got £25 ish of everyone so I'm happy...

I put it toward my bar tab at the hotel wich was £260 for 6 days and I was only pissed once :(

Nowt worse than Everyon fans, I was being moaned at once about Lescott, he had a moustache and frizzy black hair, I reached a point where I said "eh, calm down" but this just seemed to inflame the situation. No idea why

As a villa fan i got to applaud mancini for getting milner but also applaud villa for getting more than he is worth plus stephen ireland!!! hope milner gets alot of playing time at city for the sake of england. If any villa fans moan about this they don't know how good a deal this is for the villa. Milner is a big loss but we have the likes of albrighton, young and downing plus ireland to make up for it. Only problem is villa should have got bellamy too he is far to good for the championship!

good luck for the new season hope u finish above the shit half of manchester!

SuperVilla said:
As a villa fan i got to applaud mancini for getting milner but also applaud villa for getting more than he is worth plus stephen ireland!!! hope milner gets alot of playing time at city for the sake of england. If any villa fans moan about this they don't know how good a deal this is for the villa. Milner is a big loss but we have the likes of albrighton, young and downing plus ireland to make up for it. Only problem is villa should have got bellamy too he is far to good for the championship!

good luck for the new season hope u finish above the shit half of manchester!
That's a fair assesment and a good post,i'm warming to you lot!

Chick Counterfly said:
V MYSTERYMAN said:

I agree, I think his professionalism, reliability, enthusiasm, adaptability, selfless attitude, and boundless energy will be incredibly important to us.

Villa needed to trim the wages, but also needed a creative spark and a bit of imagination. You can afford a bit of a risk, can afford to persevere with him to get his confidence back.

I also believe Ireland needed a change of scenery and a club where everyone speaks English and there are few big time charlies.

The deal looks awful on paper, I think we've over paid by 6m or so, and lost a talented young player. But underneath the headlines. I think all sides are in a better position than when they started. I'm not sure how losing your manager will play out, however, I wish you good luck with that.

Maybe it's because I am a realist and I was one of the few hoping it would go through because next summer his price would have come down by 10 mill . He wanted to go and wouldn't have signed a new contract so it was right all round he went and the deal on the face of it is unbelievable . I was far more upset when Barry was going but I accept Milner is a very good player and everything you say about his qualities are correct. Barry at Villa was techincally the better footballer and I can't believe how City fans don't appreciate him .

We need to trim the wages of the fringe players not the main players if we want to bring others in but it all depends now on who the manager is . Oneil going has just given 6 players excluding the younger people a chance to prove themselves . I have a feeling MacDonald is going to get the job at least for a season mainly because he knows the players throughout the club inside out and we need continuity . If it doesn't work out the money is on Jol or Klinsmann . Anyway see you Dec 28th it should be interesting .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.