Milner [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
AnthonyRoy said:
sam221985 said:
So he left to join a club which was much better equipped to fulfil the same ambitions as his current one.

That's the beginning, middle and end of the matter.

Thing is, if you get champions league football next season will Barry even make the team? Good chance he won't.

Ohhhh and you'd just fucking love that wouldn't you? Well, I'm willing to put a wager on it that he does.

Villan said:
Barry left with a very sour taste in most villa fans mouths. He originally said he wanted to leave to play champions league football. He eventually left to a club many regard to being a club that could potentially get there but hadn't at the time. So consequently just going for the money is what we all think.

You spent a lot last summer too but that never got the desired result.

You have a small club. Go and fight with the other small clubs in your area!

That should get a response :)

Villan said:
Time will tell if Milner is a Villan by September the 1st but i think with the reception he got from us on Saturday it shows he is still wanted at the club. The same can't be said with players that you seem to cast off with little regard, players with years of service to the club too, such as Dunne last year.

So selling a player is "casting them off with little regard".

So you'll agree that Villa have cast Harewood, Gardner, McCann, Samuel, Davies, Ridgewell, Cahill et al off in a similar fashion.

Or does being at a club for a certain length of time mean they're immune to being sold, even if the manager deems them surplus to requirements?

Robbo. said:

It's no fucking wonder that City fans are getting a reputation for being obnoxious mongs.
You're doing us no favours whatsoever with comments like that. Tongue in cheek or not.

stony said:
Robbo. said:

It's no fucking wonder that City fans are getting a reputation for being obnoxious mongs.
You're doing us no favours whatsoever with comments like that. Tongue in cheek or not.

oh give over you muppet!

blue_bird said:
AnthonyRoy said:
Thing is, if you get champions league football next season will Barry even make the team? Good chance he won't.

Ohhhh and you'd just fucking love that wouldn't you? Well, I'm willing to put a wager on it that he does.

Where you going to fit him? You got Yaya Toure, De Jong and potentially Milner coming in who can play his position to name a few, plus no doubt some bigger signings next summer if you secure champions league football. Not taking a digg at City, just commenting on Barry, wasn't overly impressed with him last season.

Milner did Barrys job better last season for us, with an added creativity and energy, so if you secure him Barry may fall down the packing order.

AnthonyRoy said:
blue_bird said:

Where you going to fit him? You got Yaya Toure, De Jong and potentially Milner coming in who can play his position to name a few, plus no doubt some bigger signings next summer if you secure champions league football. Not taking a digg at City, just commenting on Barry, wasn't overly impressed with him last season.

Milner did Barrys job better last season for us, with an added creativity and energy, so if you secure him Barry may fall down the packing order.

It's what you call building a squad.............i can't see you turning down the Milner cash to stop you building yours?

Danamy said:
AnthonyRoy said:

It's what you call building a squad.............i can't see you turning down the Milner cash to stop you building yours?

Who is to say he will make the 23 or 25 next season for the champions league?

If we can secure another striker and a right back along with Ireland I'll be happy enough. Our youth looks good having dominated reserve and youth leagues last few years.

So he left to join a club which was much better equipped to fulfil the same ambitions as his current one.

That's the beginning, middle and end of the matter.

Our gripe with him wa that he wanted to leave to a club already playing champions league football. Better equipped doesn't dome into it.

My comment about casting them aside was more to do with the manner in which you dealt with the Dunne transfer. Seems very similar to the Ireland predicament you have now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.