Milner [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The idea it would seem in the tough games at least we play a midfield of Milner, Yaya, Dejong and Barry. Milner being in there for a bit of creativity and possibly width. If you saw the spurs game on Saturday you would get the idea, it didnt work without a 110% player like Milner in there that can create something score a few goals. Get forward and help Silva and Tevez.

At the end of the day its a formation that will be used as with Spurs to not loose games we dropped points in last season. Rags away etc. That result against spurs would have been enough to get us in the champions league last year for example.

Anyway having read that Guardian article it seems to me that this deal is very close to falling through . Not because Milner wants to stay at Villa now but because Ireland doesnt want to go to VIlla and City are not willing to give him a pay off.

Personally I think if we want him we should just pay Ireland the £2 million and send him on his way with our best wishes. He cost us nothing and we are still getting money back for him in the context of this deal.

If he really doesnt want to go to Villa fine. Pay Villa the £24 million cash deal thats been agreed and Ireland can stay and act as cover for SIlva, there is space for him in the squad if we get rid of the other players that are surplus to requirements.

If not then tell Milner and Villa so and get Ireland back into the squad. It just needs to get sorted now like the Lescott deal last year its dragged on way too long now.

AnthonyRoy said:
Danamy said:
It's what you call building a squad.............i can't see you turning down the Milner cash to stop you building yours?

Who is to say he will make the 23 or 25 next season for the champions league?

If we can secure another striker and a right back along with Ireland I'll be happy enough. Our youth looks good having dominated reserve and youth leagues last few years.

Your right he might not but it'll show the strength of our squad if it is the case though?

You lot have sidwell, delph, petrov, reo-coker and salifou who play the same position as milner! Think we can fit de jong yaya barry and milner in our 25!

alera said:
The idea it would seem in the tough games at least we play a midfield of Milner, Yaya, Dejong and Barry. Milner being in there for a bit of creativity and possibly width. If you saw the spurs game on Saturday you would get the idea, i didnt work without a 110% player like milner in there that can create something score a few goals. Get forward and help Silva and Tevez.

At the end of the day its a formation that will be used as with Spurs to not loose games we dropped points in last season. Rags away etc.

Anway having read that Guardian article it seems to me that this deal is very close to falling through . Not because Milner wants to stay at Villa now but because Ireland doesnt want to go to VIlla and City are not willing to give him a pay off.

Personally I think if we want him we should just pay Ireland the £2 million and send him on his way with our best wishes. He cost us nothing and we are still getting money back for him in the context of this deal.

If he really doesnt want to go to Villa fine. Pay Villa the £24 million cash deal thats been agreed and Ireland can stay and act as cover for SIlva, there is space for him the squad if we get rid of the other players that are surplus to requirements.

If not then tell Milner and Villa so and get Ireland back into the squad. It just needs to get sorted now like the Lescott deal last year its dragged on way too long now.

That exactly what needs doing .. one way or the other

Danamy said:
AnthonyRoy said:
Who is to say he will make the 23 or 25 next season for the champions league?

If we can secure another striker and a right back along with Ireland I'll be happy enough. Our youth looks good having dominated reserve and youth leagues last few years.

show the strength of our squad if it is the case though?

Exactly my point! Your squad will get stronger and stronger, more world class players will arrive next summer if you secure a top 4 finish, which could push Barry out of a 23 or 25.

I keep checking this thread in the hope there may be some actual news about Milner signing but it just seems to be pages and pages of bickering with Villa fans getting a nosebleed from (figuratvely) coming this far north.

Can anyone tell me if anything is actually happening?

Before the spurs game I would have agreed on Barry I thought he could end up on the bench. Hes in good form at the moment though, it seems clear that Mancini rates him. He might not start every game but I expect for him to feature in most of the big matches. Hes going to get plenty of games at the end of the day.

We are going after 4 competitions these days and trying to win all of them. If we do or not is another question, but we have a squad capable on paper and that is what we are going to try to do.

AnthonyRoy said:
Danamy said:
show the strength of our squad if it is the case though?

Exactly my point! Your squad will get stronger and stronger, more world class players will arrive next summer if you secure a top 4 finish, which could push Barry out of a 23 or 25.

Yeah and what are you trying to get at here?

citizenblue said:
I keep checking this thread in the hope there may be some actual news about Milner signing but it just seems to be pages and pages of bickering with Villa fans getting a nosebleed from (figuratvely) coming this far north.

Can anyone tell me if anything is actually happening?

In the Guardian they have said that if its not sorted in the next 24 hours Milner will play for Villa in Vienna and the deal could be off. If true, could be an eventful 24 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.