Milner [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
AnthonyRoy said:
cityman14364 said:
why people going on about £30m?? £14m plus 10m rated Ireland.

thats the point i was making, there isnt plenty of time left now, but there was when it became clear BEFROE the world cup as MON stated, he made it clear he wont sign a new contract and indicated he wanted to leave, so why not start looking then? as i suspect and have read on villatalk, your operating a sell to buy policy ,and as its us that wants milner city tax comes into effect. i agree i wouldnt buy anyone for 30 mill... but its laughable really to suggest milners worth only 4 mill less than what david villa was sold for? is it not? i have fingers toes and bollxed crossed we walk away from this now

Apparantly our interest in Ireland has been since the start of the summer. I don't work behind the scenes at Villa, but I'm sure they've looked at other midfielders too. Flamini is one that has been mentioned. Who have City got lined up if they dont get Milner right now?

4 million less that David Villa (Valencia are financially f***ed and its seemed there was only one club he had his heart set on), but god knows how much less than Ibrahimovich. Wasn't that like £39m plus Samuel Eto who must have been rated between £20-£30m.

Rammyblues said:
i put the whole dunne saga down to one thing really, and that thing is mark hughes
like most of his business, it was a pile of fucking shite

It is easy with hindsight to say his dealings were shit, however if memory serves me right most posters on here were over the moon with his signings, all of them were better than what we had and all proven prem players in fact a lot of people last season were talking about winning theprem league and almost guaranteed champions league. In the cold light of day some of the singnings haven't worked but most have, Given, Kompany, NDJ, Barry, SWP, Ade, Tevez, Bellars one could argue maybe that SWP has maintained his pre chelsea form and no one could have predicted the Ade thing with Togo. The areas where we have been let down have been in the defence, right back and left back and the ability of MH to stop the leak of goals. Tactically he got it wrong. IMO Mancini has inherited a good team that needed strengthening that is all, and it seems he has done that, but to take us up to the new level he has demanded we play in a certain way and that involves the midfield players not only being able to defend but also attack and be creative, that is where the problems lay and that is why he wants Milner. As for Bellamy he was in my opinion principal reason for Robinho leaving, and he has been removed to enable Robinho to return.

oh ino im being harsh, and with hindsight and in comparison to the dealings this year it is easy for me to say it. just think the fact we got balotelli a few mil more than a man who surely didnt pass a medical, and for the same price as lescott says it all

Rammyblues said:
i put the whole dunne saga down to one thing really, and that thing is mark hughes
like most of his business, it was a pile of fucking shite

It is easy with hindsight to say his dealings were shit, however if memory serves me right most posters on here were over the moon with his signings, all of them were better than what we had and all proven prem players in fact a lot of people last season were talking about winning theprem league and almost guaranteed champions league. In the cold light of day some of the singnings haven't worked but most have, Given, Kompany, NDJ, Barry, SWP, Ade, Tevez, Bellars one could argue maybe that SWP has maintained his pre chelsea form and no one could have predicted the Ade thing with Togo. The areas where we have been let down have been in the defence, right back and left back and the ability of MH to stop the leak of goals. Tactically he got it wrong. IMO Mancini has inherited a good team that needed strengthening that is all, and it seems he has done that, but to take us up to the new level he has demanded we play in a certain way and that involves the midfield players not only being able to defend but also attack and be creative, that is where the problems lay and that is why he wants Milner. As for Bellamy he was in my opinion principal reason for Robinho leaving, and he has been removed to enable Robinho to return.

As for Bellamy he was in my opinion principal reason for Robinho leaving
==========================================================

Without question....

levets said:

Without question....

If indeed you're correct then that simply adds more fuel to the fire that is:

'what a soft wanker Robinho is'

My blood boils whenever i hear the mard sulky twats name

Re: city make milner bid (SSN)

lee-mcfc said:
GStar said:
£20 mil??

Awfull, awfull target all things considering.

One season of fantastic form (rings some bells for me) and now he's a £20mil player? Where do we play him? RM instead of Johnson/SWP? LM Instead of Bellamy/Johnson CM instead of Barry?

I don't think he's the type of signing who will push us over into CL qualifications, i don't think he's worth anything near £20mil and i haven't been particularly impressed with Barry to think Milner would prove to be anything more than a squad player.

Thats not to say he's awful player... but i don't think he's worth £20mil especially as theres still question marks over his long term consistency.

i agree with your post, villa got him for like 12mill i think?
he is an average player imo.

Well lets hope this falls through then so we can keep our average player. He has won us many matches. He never had a steady start to his playing career with the turmoils of Leeds and Newcastle, we gave him some statabilty and through that he thrived. Arguably now the best player in our team with Ashley Young. We are not a Fulham or a Blackburn, we have been within a breath of champions league football for 2-3 years. I find it quite disrespectful that you call our best player average.

FantasyIreland said:
levets said:

Without question....

If indeed you're correct then that simply adds more fuel to the fire that is:

My blood boils whenever i hear the mard sulky twats name

maybe so... but he may be playing on thursday, Bellamy won't.

As said before, if he is willing to give it another go; and mancini is willing to give it another go, then no problem! He is a World Class player and current captain of Brazil. There is a place for him at City if he wants it and works for it!

The Fixer said:
Fraizer Dainton outside carrington just said his sources saying the milner deal will be done by thursday whehter ireland is part of the deal or not!

now that's a positive post, all this doom and gloom. (shame its come from sky sports news as they usually know FA but its something to start on)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.