Milner next season

A A

Anonymous

The first and middle part of the season were defintily milners most productive, at times I thought he was class and showed real top quality performances, but his form dipped and he was then dropped, However I hope he is more of an integral part of the team next season.

I can see him as barrys long term replacement :) ( Im not mad btw ;)

Barand Milner are different players, but Milner has a great pass on him like Barry, but Barry is a great tackler in midfield

Aguero_Element said:
Barand Milner are different players, but Milner has a great pass on him like Barry, but Barry is a great tackler in midfield

both are brilliant players and without doubt need to be in our squad. the difference is Barry's reading of the game, very clever player and better than anyone else at the club for this.

Clearly, he and Silva have a brilliant partnership. The 1-6 was a great example. Milner provides width and with his extra work rate, he often looks to overload the right flank.

Silva - Milner - Richards attacking one flank is more than a winger and left back can handle.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/thefootballtacticsblog/2011/10/silva_and_milner_add_guts_and.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/thefootballt ... s_and.html</a>

I don't think Milner has as much between the ears as Barry does. Not saying he's an idiot or anything, but Barry's "football sense", for a lack of better team, is miles ahead of Milner's.

bluebannana said:
The first and middle part of the season were defintily milners most productive, at times I thought he was class and showed real top quality performances, but his form dipped and he was then dropped, However I hope he is more of an integral part of the team next season.

I can see him as barrys long term replacement :) ( Im not mad btw ;)
I think you are about right Gaz has maybe 2 years left and that gives Milner time to develop the skills to take his mantle.Milner has a great industry about him.

de niro said:
Aguero_Element said:

both are brilliant players and without doubt need to be in our squad. the difference is Barry's reading of the game, very clever player and better than anyone else at the club for this.

I've always thought that as as a skill that comes with experience and while Milner may not ever be as good as Barry at that I do think he'll grow more in that regard as time goes on.

I'd like to see him in a central role for England over these euros but that'll never happen.

I thought one of Mancini's rare mistakes last season was not playing Milner enough - I didn't detect any noticeable dip in his early season form and felt he was a bit unlucky not to get more game time in the run-in. He's a fantastic, versatile player and is like a duracell bunny in that he never stops running. We saw the more skilful side of his game last season compared to his first season - the goal at home to Villa, that great reverse pass in the lead-up to Aguero's last-gasp winner against Villarreal, and his outstanding contribution in the 6-1 derby win all happened in the space of 8 days. I hope he goes on to become an integral part of our team for years to come.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.