Milner next season

bluebannana said:
The first and middle part of the season were defintily milners most productive, at times I thought he was class and showed real top quality performances, but his form dipped and he was then dropped, However I hope he is more of an integral part of the team next season.

I can see him as barrys long term replacement :) ( Im not mad btw ;)

Me to mate him and Barry next to yaya is a great CM partnership

He had some good games early on but was average in the games he played in the 2nd half of the season.

For me he is a decent squad player but never going to command an automatic starting place

His biggest weakness is that he'll make a 40m run to win the ball and then give it straight back, or put in an aimless cross. At the start of the season he seemed to have cured that habit. He seemed to be running with his head up and not rushing his passes. But towards the end of the season the bad habits seemed to return.

Shadz69 said:
I think you are about right Gaz has maybe 2 years left and that gives Milner time to develop the skills to take his mantle.Milner has a great industry about him.

Barry only turned 31 this year. It's an understatement to suggest that pace isn't part of his game, and he has an excellent fitness record (he's played mid-30 league games for the last ten seasons in a row).

It's not like he's going to have to adapt his game much as he gets older, so it's quite possible he'll be able to continue well into his 30s.

Milners form didnt drop, he was playing lights out and then suddenly mancini didnt use him anymore

Cracking player, hope he plays more next year for us.
Hope spurs don't come chasing him as a swap for Bale or replacement for Modric.

bluenova said:
Shadz69 said:
I think you are about right Gaz has maybe 2 years left and that gives Milner time to develop the skills to take his mantle.Milner has a great industry about him.

Barry only turned 31 this year. It's an understatement to suggest that pace isn't part of his game, and he has an excellent fitness record (he's played mid-30 league games for the last ten seasons in a row).

It's not like he's going to have to adapt his game much as he gets older, so it's quite possible he'll be able to continue well into his 30s.

I would'nt argue with you I feel he has 2 years left if he lasts longer great but I don't see many more than 2 years as first choice.

Milner is a great grafter, picked up some useful assists but doesnt quite fit in with the DNA of the team.

Its a prerequisite of any regular in the team to be comfortable on the ball as Mancini philosophy is to retain possession at all costs from both an offensive and defensive point of view.

Milner can be sloppy on occasions and lacks consistency in the quality of his passing, furthermore he doesnt have the guile or vision of a Nasri or Silva. I cannot imagine him replacing Barry as he doesnt have the positional sense or sixth sense like Barry who always seems to be in the correct position to retrieve or disrupt the oppositions play.

Still he can offer the team drive but its difficult to see where he actually fits in the first choice eleven.

Won't be an automatic choice in midfield next season but will get plenty of games if we go far in the cups. He's a different type of midfielder than the others so he's a good option to have in the squad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.