Milner

Freestyler said:
personally i'd play him instead of barry sunday.

against teams who knock the ball about at a high pace he's not quick enough, 5 seconds behind everyone else on the pitch.

against teams like wigan he can get away with it.

Milner imo should start all the big games and most infact, slap back in the centre.

awesome player, needs a chance to show it more.

You mean like in the Charity Shield, where we were completely overrun with Milner in there instead of Barry?

Milner is really a different kind of player to Barry, and I think you have it the wrong way round. Barry is the glue who will hold your midfield together - crucial against big sides, less so against poorer ones. Milner doesn't have that positional intelligence to do this role. He offers something completely different, higher up the pitch. So if you go with Milner instead of Barry you lose Barry's qualities, but gain Milners.

I got ribbed by fellow blues (in Geelong!) when we bought James as I felt he would thrive in a team and with a manager who gave him belief. I'm glad to say that my mates are now seeing the light. That reverse ball against Villarreal was perfect. However that reverse ball is used frequently, a Mancini trademark perhaps? James to play Saturday but on in the 2nd half. Top acquisition.

Really pleased for the lad,

His last season at villa he was awesome, given the chance he could be class!

Jonno better coming on as sub when the left back is knackered..

Think milliner would be better suited to Sunday as they have nani and young either side, jonno ain't a tracker.

Mancini won't let us down....ctid

I would deffo play him tomorrow, and Barry. I would drop de jong - Milner must be playing well becuase nigel is my favourite player but Milner deserves to start and looks a lot fitter than nige at the moment.

Hart
Clichy
Lescott
Kompany
Richards
Barry
Milner
Yaya
Silva
Nasri
Ballotelli

Milner should start, hes been playing really this season, won us the game against villareal and nasri looks way off at the moment.

hart
clichy
lescott
vinnie
richards
barry
de jong
milner
silva
kun
dzeko

Wasn't happy with the signing, and have been disappointed with his contributions before this season.

But he has been good so far this season when he's had a chance.

Long may it continue, bench spot on Sunday IMO.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.