Minder - Arthur Daley

Mad Eyed Screamer

Watched 'Minder' on ITV 4 tonight - and quite a few nights recently.

Made me realise what a cracking series it was during the late 70's / early 80's (until Terry left and they got Arthur's nephew to take over and he was shit)

Brilliant writing and a great character of Arthur Daley played by George Cole. Quite a few words they use soon became a staple of the English language.....

you should start watching the sweeny again mate...again on itv4....i cant believe how gritty and well written that was too...never really got into it first time round

yes, the sets were crap, but the storyline was really good

Yes on some nights it is a Minder and Sweeney double....... watched the Sweeney at the time religiously, but can't really do so now...... the clothes are outrageous (not so much in Minder) and it's all ''oorwight Gov'' and ''your'e nicked'' every episode.

Minder was my favourite show at the time but it's dated quite badly. Not as bad as The Professionals mind, that looks really looks dated.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFl2kJCW9VA[/youtube]

Minder was the dogs in its day !! Legendary theme tune

I watch ITV4 probably more than any other tv channel .....

i love the repeats of all the old classic programmes .... Minder , The Professionals , The Saint , The Champions , Sweeney ..... i love the lot

...... and yes , Minder was quality!

wtzxut.jpg

gordondaviesmoustache said:
Arthur's spinelessness when ever it kicked off was pure comedy gold

Yes, he always has the knack of just entering the room and about to say something as he opens the door, then his face lights up with horror and he slowly closes the door behind him leaving Terry to cop for it, then opening the door very slightly to peek at what is happening and screwing his face up at every hit!

Terry's ORIGINAL Capri II suffered an engine bay fire which caused serious damage - you can tack back on Furious Driving to find the 2 or 3 previous episodes of the restoration work and see just how bad the damage was post fire but look at this. They never came out of Ford's factory this bloody nice !!

A 10 year old thread I made bump!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.