Minimum acceptable result?

Marvin

0-0 for me

With the injuries and African Nations our team is looking stretched, but we know Ireland, and Bridge are close to come backs. Squad wise, I think we'll be stronger by the 2nd leg.

Away goals count double aet I think, and the 2nd leg of ties are normally more open. And we proved in the League that we can match them at OT. The important thing is that we don't go to Stretford having to chase the game. That would make it difficult.

A week ago, everyone seemed to be going OTT and expected City to storm Goodison Pk, and roll Utd over, but it was never going to be like that. We have Bridge, Lescott, Toure, Ireland, Johnson, Santa Cruz and Adebayor missing, and they are key players. You need your big players in the big games, so it will take a very big effort to overcome Utd, and we will need a bit of luck as well which we usually don't get in Derbies

wouldnt class johnson as a key player tbh he was overrated when he first burst onto the scene under sven, the next colin bell, kin hell. and now hes not even injured he got absolutely fucking leathered in town and the club try and cover it up with another 'injury'

these two legged semis have a funny way of not turning out like people think,sometimes when you think it has come apart you go into your next game and it reveals a different outcome?

riley347 said:
2 goal led needed to take to the swamp.......imo......
That's a big ask. Anything can happen in a Derby, but I'm not confident of the team that played at Everton putting 2 past Utd.

This is a semi-final, and Utd play them every season, and know what's required to win a game like this. I'll be reasonably happy if we can go to OT level with a stronger squad. Pressure and expectation will then be on them

i think away goals count over the 2 legs so any result without them scoring, but i have put a cheeky 3 quid on city 2-1 rags, tevez to score first, got 50/1

Robinho hat-trick at least, or else he's outta here.

Or maybe just a clean sheet so away goals don't come to bite us in the arse, anything after that a bonus, wouldn't mind a 1-nil result.

for me the first leg is irrelevent, no team is going to win 3 or 4 nil so anything around 1 or 2 goals in it can be turned around by the other side at the swamp. i'd take any clean sheet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.