Minimum acceptable result?

Marvin said:
Away goals count double aet I think, and the 2nd leg of ties are normally more open.
Why do people say "away goals count double"? Away goals have never counted double. It's one of the most factually incorrect statements in football. Did Paul Merson invent it or something!? If you score 2 away goals it is not worth 4 goals!

Tricky_Trev said:
Marvin said:
Away goals count double aet I think, and the 2nd leg of ties are normally more open.
Why do people say "away goals count double"? Away goals have never counted double. It's one of the most factually incorrect statements in football. Did Paul Merson invent it or something!? If you score 2 away goals it is not worth 4 goals!

Also, in the league cup away goals don't come into it till after extra time. Worrying about clean sheets tomorrow is not how we should be approaching this game

edit: just noticed Marvin had already said they don't count till after extra time

de niro said:
for me the first leg is irrelevent, no team is going to win 3 or 4 nil so anything around 1 or 2 goals in it can be turned around by the other side at the swamp. i'd take any clean sheet.
I don't think we could turn around a 1 or 2 goal defecit at the swamp to be honest. Are you aware that Alan Wiley is the 4th official again? If we are chasing the game, he will simply order that there are to be minus 10 minutes of stoppage time and the game will end on 80 mins.

depps said:
Tricky_Trev said:

Also, in the league cup away goals don't come into it till after extra time. Worrying about clean sheets tomorrow is not how we should be approaching this game
I know, but it's a small advantage.

If we go to OT with a 0-0, then if we score 1, they have to get 2. And imo it's easier to score goals in a 2nd leg as the 1st is usually very cagey and defensive

Its depends on who they play. If Fergie sticks to there younger players then we have a great chance of getting a 2 to 3 goal lead for the second leg. If they put out there best team then we will be lucky to go there with a goal advantage. Rumours have it that Rio and Vidic will be brought back into the team for the game tomorrow but I will believe it when I see it if both are played tomorrow.

Also the players who play for us tomorrow will have to put it up to them no matter who is playing show them that we aren't hype and that we will be a force in the league for years to come it is time for the players to show there worth tomorrow and try and get us to our first final since 81.

I'd be happy with a 1 nil, more players coming back to fitness for the 2nd leg. Even a draw would work, still shitting it though

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.