Minimum expectations for next season...

Just to add my two cents I'd say 7th and a domestic trophy or 6th or better in the league. This would be contigent on us signing a class center back, defensive midfielder and lone striker as a minimum over the summer.

Away squad would look like this (Elano/SWP would be depending on form)

• Given

• Zab, Ned, CB, Bridge

• De Jong, DM

• SWP/Elano, Ireland, Robinho

• Striker

Home would probably be the same except Ireland would move to the DM position and play as a conventional midfielder making runs from deep whilst Robinho would slot in as a second striker and Petrov (or Ribery or Robben if we sign them) would be on the left wing.

alextrueblue said:
5th

35m eto'o
10m lescott
10m kolo toure

given
richards toure ned lescott

swp vinnie cap ndj petrov

robinho

eto'o

No Ireland? now that is a ballsy move... big gamble if it doesn't work as the fans would tear you to pieces.

goat boy said:
Cambridgeblue said:
Ok, regardless of who is in charge next season, what are people's minimum expectations for next season (i.e. what the manager needs to do to keep his job). I don't want a debate on Hughes - I want to know how realistic or otherwise people are.

As part of your answer you can sign players up to the value of £100 million but you have to state how much your players would cost (please try to be realistic - no £20 million Messi's)

Why? I can't see any limit being imposed, as long as a compelling footballing and/ or commercial case can be made for each transfer?

5th or 6th, btw. Home form has been and still is CL qualification good. If they can learn a different type of game so as to start picking up more away wins, particurlarly against rubbish teams (which is the lowest of low hanging fruit), we could seriously worry the top spots. However, I envisage a drop in form at some point, possibly because of a long cup run or similar starts to get the better of the squad, that will probably stop us form going on.

I agree that the owners probably won't have a limit on transfer spend if the right players are available but to stop this thread turning into a load of people saying top 4 and reeling off a squad with Torres, Villa, Messi, Kaka etc etc in I decided to set a limit on the amount people could spend.

I also agree with you on 6th btw... 5th might be tough as Villa and Everton are good established teams. Everton especially are very consistent and with a bit more depth I think Villa would have broken the top four this season.

As I said before I would be happy with 6th (provided we were on the heels of fifth) or failing that 7th plus a trophy (Uefa, then FA then Carling in terms of desirability).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.