Minimum expectations for next season...

5th and a Cup Final...............both Neverton and Villar have over achieved this season IMO and will not be in the same positions next season

Cambridgeblue said:
GJF said:
Cambridgeblue said:
GJF said:
to improve in every area on this year...

FA CUP; qtr finals
League Cup: Qtr Finals
Europa (if we get there): Semi Finals

League: No Limit, but anything lower than 6th would be bad news.

Obviously if we get to a final or win a cup one element can be sacrificed..

We have to remember as people have said, the top 4 are going to be tough to crack. In addition Everton and Villa are pushing them, and Spurs will be spending as much as us (they spent more than us in January). So its going to be tough...

Like I said, I just want to see improvements. I believe our owners will want the same.

Fact is we have done better second half of the season than the first. They will want that same kind of improvement come the start of next season, and so on..

Interesting you mention about Spurs - where the f**k have they got all this money from? I never remember them being particularly rich (not top 4 rich anyway).

its is interesting..AND they are building a new stadium. Funny how everyone talks about us being irresponsible. They actually dont have the support to fund Harry`s spending but will do so..thus getting further into debt..
interesting that lots of his ex clubs have financial problems; West Ham, Southamptom, Portsmouth...

So it's all funded on debt then? Who is their owner and what does he do?

its a question many have asked..and no-one ever gives a straight answer.
Their owner is wealthy (but nowhere near our owners wealth), in addition, they dont usually sell players for a profit. They have a massive squad also..
what they do do though, is charge the fans a fair amount to go..
so yes, unless they are conjuring cash, its a fair bet to say the spending, especially with the new stadium plans, is being funded with borrowed cash. They have to be real careful...

I was gutted about the eufa cup exit, but it seems to have made the players realise we are decent.
I'll be peed off if we don't get into europe this year, but all those extra games (16?) did put a bit of a strain on our resources.
Without europe next year we REALLY do have to take the FA and League cups seriuosly, for once.

Kevcod said:
I was gutted about the eufa cup exit, but it seems to have made the players realise we are decent.
I'll be peed off if we don't get into europe this year, but all those extra games (16?) did put a bit of a strain on our resources.
Without europe next year we REALLY do have to take the FA and League cups seriuosly, for once.

True but they're not going to be a cakewalk by any stretch of the imagination... you basically need to beat at least one champions league quarter finalist to get there remember. I think in some respects we have a better shot at the Europa cup (assuming we're in it). I really really hope we get a result at the swamp as that would really boost our chances of 7th place... especially given the other fixtures that weekend.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.