Minute Silence at Anfield?

blue_paul said:
The side pens were left empty by the Stewards/police whilst the crush gathered momentum. They then failed to open the cages when it was apparent what was happening. Could of been any club with a big followng such as ourselves that day. Those responsible for the crowd organisation are solely to blame in my opinion. If the side pens were opened, the crush would of been relieved.

Partly not solely

Its like the recent Night Crawler case - the police made mistakes, they didnt investigate him properly and as a result many more people suffered - but the person with the most blame is the one doing the actual attacks.

Administering spiteful blame is irrelevant and sick this far down the line. A lot was learnt from the events that took place so lets leave that there. Just be a man and respect the tradgic loss of fathers, mothers, brothers and sisters.

We Are The South Stand said:
I know this is a bit out of this thread but, I am thinking of going Liverpool away with a few mates from college, im on a junior season card (aged 16) will I have to be accompanied by an adult card holder?

Ni A note from your mum to stay out after 10 is fine.

I remember a minutes' silence at Anfield that was not perfectly observed by blues.

Matt Busby's - even the Liverpool fans were shouting scum at sections of our support.

I was sat in Liverpool end that day, didn't go down too well when I jumped up in the first minute when Carl Griffiths ran through to score.

Took my now wife that day, never again.

I was just a kid at the time and they took pity on me when Scousers won it in last minute.

A relief to be honest!

tolmie's hairdoo said:
I remember a minutes' silence at Anfield that was not perfectly observed by blues.

Matt Busby's - even the Liverpool fans were shouting scum at sections of our support.

I was sat in Liverpool end that day, didn't go down too well when I jumped up in the first minute when Carl Griffiths ran through to score.

I was just a kid at the time and they took pity on me when Scousers won it in last minute.

A relief to be honest!

I was there - a few people had to be told that Busby played for City and the look of shock on their faces when they heard that - clueless.

johnmc said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

A relief to be honest!

I was there - a few people had to be told that Busby played for City and the look of shock on their faces when they heard that - clueless.

Same type of clueless cunts in football when Everton fans chanted throughout the minutes' silence for Joe Mercer at Maine Road.

And if, you know, you're history...

EddieR said:
Well, you tell me where the blame lies for those kids crushed to death. Had the police done their job properly the tragedy would never have occured. The crowd cannot be regarded as being responsible for the mayhem which ensued, and any attempt to try to deflect blame is both disingenuous and malicious.

That's like saying the Liverpool fans that ran at the Juventus fans at Hysel were not to blame because the police should have stopped them. So tell me Eddie who was to blame at Hysel ?

Yes there was a huge element of police culpability at Hillsborough..... but those fans that came late, without tickets and pushed from the back also have to accept some blame.

I too hold Liverpool fans without tickets partly to blame but the minutes silence isn't for them, it's for the dead who will have been at the front and probably innocent. It should be observed impeccably. We're usually impeccable anyway!

johnmc said:
nunogo said:
If a gate was opened at Wembley next week, any City fan without a ticket who is nearby would try and get in.

Will there be hundreds possibley thousands of fans trying to force their way in do you think??

No there won't. But if there was, it wouldn't stop the ticketless (even some with tickets if this entrance was more convenient) trying to get in.

The person who decided to open the gate is at fault.

nunogo said:
johnmc said:
Will there be hundreds possibley thousands of fans trying to force their way in do you think??

No there won't. But if there was, it wouldn't stop the ticketless (even some with tickets if this entrance was more convenient) trying to get in.

The person who decided to open the gate is at fault.

The gate was opened to prevent a crush but ended up causing a more damaging. No win situation and ultimately very costly.

The people trying to gain unlawful entry carry some blame. It would be the same if it were City fans - if its unlawful entry and by gaining unlawful entry they cause more people to be there than its designed for then surely those people are at fault for any incidents caused as a result.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.