Minutes Silence Or Minutes Applause?

marco said:
i think silence is the better, 5 live says it will be against arsenal,arsenal fans will respect him without a doubt

why would they, i would like to have silence, but i would think it will be a mins applause

Ricster said:
Obviously dont want this to get lost in the Mal RIP thread, but from the character that has been portrayed to me over the years of this legend, its sounds like a minutes applause would be more fitting to the big guy rather than a morbid silence.

What do others think? Applause or Silence?

Applause.

Big Mal loved the adulation of the fans, and i think he loved the fans in return. i never met him personally, but was in the crowd on many occations when he would make one of his now famous walks to gee up our support and to wind up the opposition. the big hat, the big cigar, the big heart, the big personality.

Mal, it can truly be said that you will never be forgotten., not while i and my generation of fans still have breath.

THANK YOU

I'd generally favour silence but wouldnt object to applause for Big Mal. If someone dies at a young age, or in tragic circumstances, a minutes silence is more appropriate. But when someone has "had a good innings" and is a big personality a minutes applause might be better.

cibaman said:
I'd generally favour silence but wouldnt object to applause for Big Mal. If someone dies at a young age, or in tragic circumstances, a minutes silence is more appropriate. But when someone has "had a good innings" and is a big personality a minutes applause might be better.

Thats the way i am if they died young or in tragic cirumstance its a minute silence. If they had a good life and a good innings as you say it should be an applause.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.