Minutes Silence Or Minutes Applause?

A problem with a minutes silence is people that are still on the concourse either at the bars or just coming in don't know there is one and are all making a noise. I sit on the back row of level 1 south stand and it's quite noisy. I have mentioned this previously to someone at the club about the possibility of a tannoy announcement being made on the concourse and they said they would look into it.

Applause because a minutes silence is normally spoiled (the Manchester Derby excluded)

For me I hope that the "moment of respect" actually happens at the Arsenal game for the very selfish reason that I will be there instead of watching it on the telly.

I would very much like to have at least one minute of ferocious clapping to thank Malcolm for the total joy that he provided to me as I transitioned from my teens into my twenties watching the finest ensemble of English footballers ever gathered into one football club ever.

We played football the likes of which we can only dream about today ... and we took it all for granted.

What an absolute star that man was .... and the saddest part was that he never really understood how important Joe Mercer was in making it all happen.

They were the best ever duo in my very humble opinion to manage our beloved Blues.

Today we added another to our Friday toast to "Absent Friends"

Thank You Malcolm.

Lucky Toma said:
If it was Joe had who so recently passed I would advocate a dignified silence. To reflect the dignity of the man.

But Big Mal, in his pomp, was a loud, brash extrovert who celebrated his own life.
Its only fitting that we do likewise and raise the roof.
Couldn't agree more

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.