Missing Blues?

gordondaviesmoustache said:
de niro said:
Some of the posts on this thread remind me of an incident in the 90's. I was stood in a queue outside the North Stand (on a matchday) to collect my ticket. As you can all imagine the queue wasn't moving very fast.

This bloke walked past with his kid and started berating us because we were the new breed of fans because we were paying for our tickets on credit card rather than cash on the turnstile. The term 'yuppy cvnts' (among others) springs to mind. He was totally serious, which made his rant all the more amusing, as if possessing a credit card made you some sort of establishment figure.

I wonder what he now makes of modern football.

yeh sorry about, been to burtons to get a suit on drip and they knocked me back, shouldn't have taken it out on blues.
Is that the suit you wear for work? ;-)

(more likely for court) :-)

As a life long City fan and season ticket holder for 38 years, I have no real issue with our 'new fans' or tourists as they seem to be viewed, as it brings money in, something we need to compete at the highest level.
I myself have commented on the new faces clicking away with cameras, in fact I took mine last Wednesday, simply because my 11 year old son wanted a photo and video footage of Ika Casillas warming up as he is his favorite goalkeeper and role model.
Consider this, as and when capacity is increased, the number of available seats for tourists will increase along with season ticket numbers.
Say capacity increases to 60000, I guess season ticket numbers will increase to around 45000, leaving 3000 for away fans, 5000 for corporates and 7000 for general sale (up 2000 on current numbers).
If capacity increases to 70000, we might have 50000 season ticket holders, 3000 for away fans, 8000 for corporates, leaving 9000 for general sale (a huge 4000 more than at present).
The thing is, the life long City fans have always had opportunity to get a ticket, that availability will increase, so............if you want to see life long City fans in seats, get in there first, simple as that realy.

cyprustavern said:
de niro said:
yeh sorry about, been to burtons to get a suit on drip and they knocked me back, shouldn't have taken it out on blues.
Is that the suit you wear for work? ;-)

(more likely for court) :-)

i'll have you both know that as posted they knocked me back. however the oxfam one i am wearing today did fit the bill.

Real Madrid at home when hope for City was all but extinguished is hardly a typical game.

And if the stadium expansion plans are true then why worry - in fact we need new fans to make it work.

Why is there a section in the Colin Bell stand tier 2 always allocated to away fans, I've seen them there every CL game

Blue Maverick said:
Why is there a section in the Colin Bell stand tier 2 always allocated to away fans, I've seen them there every CL game

The club is required by UEFA to provide up to 200 best available seats to the visiting club for corporate supporters, sponsors and player guests, located between the half-way line and the 18 yard box.

BlueGMD said:
Blue Maverick said:

The club is required by UEFA to provide up to 200 best available seats to the visiting club for corporate supporters, sponsors and player guests, located between the half-way line and the 18 yard box.

On the pitch? That's ridiculous.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.