Missing Lescott ?

prairiemoon said:
Fun how people forget Lescotts errors when they have someone else to blame.

"Blue moan, if only we'd played the other guy", should be our motto.

yes he makes errors every player does, but its blatantly obvious were a better team with him in it

The problem is that whoever has been out injured/banned/off on holiday this season we seem to have missed them. Seriously, is our squad so rubbish that we've missed Lescott (not that i'm saying he's poor, he's been our best defender this season)?!

Dax777 said:
Not really. Another average player like Milner. We simply just did not control play. A midfield issue not a defense one.

I would say he is just above average, not as good as Vincent but to say today's issue was a midfield one and not a defence one is a bit silly. Did you see the goals that we conceded....yes we did not control midfield in the same way that we have in the past but the defending was shocking, we have missed our two central defenders. VC looked rusty today.

The Scarlet Pimpernel said:
Dax777 said:
Not really. Another average player like Milner. We simply just did not control play. A midfield issue not a defense one.

I would say he is just above average, not as good as Vincent but to say today's issue was a midfield one and not a defence one is a bit silly. Did you see the goals that we conceded....yes we did not control midfield in the same way that we have in the past but the defending was shocking, we have missed our two central defenders. VC looked rusty today.

I agree, our midfield was shite today, Yaya's worst game in a City shirt for me and what's up with Silva? He's reluctant to pass the ball further than 5 yards and just doesn't look right, we've looked better when he's been taken off recently. Pizzaro changed the game when he came on spraying it out wide.

meeesh said:
redmizzle said:
Kolo was very good today.

rag ? surely

My own feeling has been that he has dragged other players out of position to try and cover for him. I simply don't feel he has been near the level he managed not long after he arrived. Since the ban he has just not been there.

This has afected the other central defender, the full backs and also drawn a midfielder (often Yaya, sometimes GB, sometimes Nasri) back in to get the ball / protect

Vinny was not 100% match fit and so the central defence was not what it should.

Would I have preferred Joleon back. 100% yes.

Just like we missed Yaya in January, Vinny and Ageuro in recent weeks.

Forget individuals, if we were stronger as a team then we would be able to cope with absences.

It's unbelievable that Sunderland had played in the week yet they were running rings round us after the 3rd goal.

We used every option at our disposal today, Balo, Dzeko, Tevez, Johnson, Yaya and we were shocking.

It's not tactics, I fear the problem is with the underlying team ethic and lack of unity we show on the field.

Lescott gas been quality this season.. Komps is a better player when JL is next to him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.