Missing out on CL - summer transfers up in the air

bugsyblue

What's people's opinion on our summer transfers should we miss out on the CL? Just how disruptive do people think it will be to our plans? Personally I think it will be a hinderance rather than huge problem. However I do think it means we might miss out on real stars like Pogba. I just hope we don't buy a load of average backups because if we can't attract our first choice then we need to take our chances with the current players/youth rather than make the same mistakes as in the past - the panic buys of the likes of Sinclair, Garcia, Bonys etc we really need to avoid.

It's an issue, but not as big an issue as most scaremongering would have you believe.

City can splash the cash and outspend rivals quite easily, further, with Pep in charge, it's obvious to everybody that it's only a year until Champions League football is back at the Etihad again.

Mind you, United can still slip up so it's not even necessarily an issue yet.

What's people's opinion on our summer transfers should we miss out on the CL? Just how disruptive do people think it will be to our plans? Personally I think it will be a hinderance rather than huge problem. However I do think it means we might miss out on real stars like Pogba. I just hope we don't buy a load of average backups because if we can't attract our first choice then we need to take our chances with the current players/youth rather than make the same mistakes as in the past - the panic buys of the likes of Sinclair, Garcia, Bonys etc we really need to avoid.

I think we have seen the last of these. We might find someone who quibbles about no CL football, but if they're gonna moan about that they can fuck off, we don't want them. They are gonna be here to make a concerted effort on the title, the cups including the CL are bonuses, byproducts to the main fare!

I think we have seen the last of these. We might find someone who quibbles about no CL football, but if they're gonna moan about that they can fuck off, we don't want them. They are gonna be here to make a concerted effort on the title, the cups including the CL are bonuses, byproducts to the main fare!

Why do you think we've seen the last of panic buys? It's been consistent throughout Tiki's reign here. Bony 18 months ago was maybe the real last one but who knows if Delph wasn't a plan B or C purchase?

I think the Pep factor will be enough for the majority of players and money always talks.

The major concern may be what impact this has on Pep's and the Sheikh's plans.

Absolutely. Well said.

This is the only hope our rivals have. Expect to read much in the red tops and hear much on talkshit. Meanwhile we move on to the next era and stage of development. We're no longer a mid table team looking to make an impact, or a team of yesterdays men with Moyes in charge.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.