Missing out on CL - summer transfers up in the air

We will still have more than enough to spend , this seasons run has softened the blow as FFP is measured over three seasons

What smarts is the fact we are letting those cnuts in despite them being worse than us

The silver lining is they will keep van gaal for another season of mediocrity

Plus we won't need as big a squad which means we can blood some kids , Harry Kane wouldn't be a thing without the Europa

Why do you think we've seen the last of panic buys? It's been consistent throughout Tiki's reign here. Bony 18 months ago was maybe the real last one but who knows if Delph wasn't a plan B or C purchase?

Because it is something in which Guardiola will have a substantial input. He will have far more say in transfers than Pellers seems to have had, and I wouldn't be surprised if the blueprint is not already on someone's desk. If we can't get first choice then I think we will get second, and not the fourth, fifth or sixth choices we seem to have settle for in the last few windows.

I am more fearful that a player like Aguero will possibly be tempted by an offer to stay in the CL elsewhere.

He has looked a frustrated figure in recent weeks and you could not really blame him.

Hopefully Pep does not change his mind if there is no CL - as I assume we have no contract as he is still a manager elsewhere. And that alone convinces Sergio to stay and even persuades others to take a year off the CL to work with him.

That might be okay with younger players but ones where their chances are running out to win the thing might look at this decision differently.

Happily we need to bring in a team for the future anyway as so much of the current one (good as it has been) is on the wrong side of the career calendar.

So it is not as much of a disaster as it might have been.

Unless Pep was sold the club with CL and is now understandably wondering if he made a mistake in saying yes.

Hopefully our management team organised bringing in the new manager rather better than they have managed the end year of the current one.

Because it is something in which Guardiola will have a substantial input. He will have far more say in transfers than Pellers seems to have had, and I wouldn't be surprised if the blueprint is not already on someone's desk. If we can't get first choice then I think we will get second, and not the fourth, fifth or sixth choices we seem to have settle for in the last few windows.

Good to hear!

Why all fans want fast results?

I am sure if we are out of Top 4 and make transfers like Gundogan, Laporte and the like all here think we win Premier league. Then we will be ready for that Pogba, Lewa kind of transfers. Even more, if we are in EL - the presuere on Pep will be smaller and he will have enought time to attack Cl season after that with 2 summer transfer windows in hand - let's be honnest our max is semifinal even woth the transfers during summer.

In a long term, if Pep is that good and win Premier League - future without Cl next season - with less pressure and lower expectations on Pep will be better

I am more fearful that a player like Aguero will possibly be tempted by an offer to stay in the CL elsewhere.

He has looked a frustrated figure in recent weeks and you could not really blame him.

Hopefully Pep does not change his mind if there is no CL - as I assume we have no contract as he is still a manager elsewhere. And that alone convinces him to stay and even persuades others to take a year off the CL to work with him.

That might be okay with younger players but ones where their chances are running out to win the thing might look at this decision differently.

Happily we need to bring in a team for the future anyway as so much of the current one (good as it has been) is on the wrong side of the career calendar.

So it is not as much of a disaster as it might have been.

Unless Pep was sold the club with CL and is now understandably wondering if he made a mistake in saying yes.

Hopefully our management team organised bringing in the new manager rather better than they have managed the end year of the current one.
His contract is cast iron don't worry

I would sell aguero in the summer and go all out for Lewandowski , better all round striker and allows you to play more than one style, plus he's never injured

We could get £80m this summer , which would more than cover his fee...

His contract is cast iron don't worry

I would sell aguero in the summer and go all out for Lewandowski , better all round striker and allows you to play more than one style, plus he's never injured

We could get £80m this summer , which would more than cover his fee...

Has he got a written contract? Can you do that whilst he manages someone else?

And did it even discuss what I am sure was the unthinkable idea that we might not be in the CL? As I doubt anyone running the club has ever thought for one second that was a remote possibility.

Which has been the reason why we have sleepwalked right into that predicament.

Has he got a written contract? Can you do that whilst he manages someone else?

And did it even discuss what I am sure was the unthinkable idea that we might not be in the CL? As I doubt anyone running the club has ever thought for one second that was a remote possibility.

Which has been the reason why we have sleepwalked right into that predicament.
Yes. He could sign since January 1st.

What's people's opinion on our summer transfers should we miss out on the CL? Just how disruptive do people think it will be to our plans? Personally I think it will be a hinderance rather than huge problem. However I do think it means we might miss out on real stars like Pogba. I just hope we don't buy a load of average backups because if we can't attract our first choice then we need to take our chances with the current players/youth rather than make the same mistakes as in the past - the panic buys of the likes of Sinclair, Garcia, Bonys etc we really need to avoid.

Signings pre champions league qualification:

Vinny
Zaba
Yaya
Silva
Lescott
Barry
Tevez
Džeko
Mario
Milner
NDJ

I reckon we'll be fine.

Yes. He could sign since January 1st.

That is reassuring then if he has. As this mess followed by a 'who will take over' debate for weeks would kill the start to next season as well given the Euros in the Summer.

At least being 5th (we cannot go lower now with the point today) means we would have no qualifier in July or August as we would if we had ended 6th or scrape CL in 4th still.

That is one blessing that will help given how it will take time for Pep to settle in so playing one of those just 4 weeks after he arrived is not ideal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.